Banded Piping Plover @ Bunche Beach

  • Blair
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2011
      I have posted photos of a banded Piping Plover that I observed Monday 12/12/11 at Bunche Beach. Here is what I have heaard back on it . . .

      "Thanks so much for the great photos! The PIPL you observed is missing a band on the lower right leg either above or below the dark blue band. Because of this, I can't tell you specific information about this bird except that it was banded on the Missouri River near Vermillion, SD between 2009 and 2011."

      Cool!

      Happy Holidays to All.