Long Billed Curlew - Bunche 10/27/11

  • Blair
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2011
      Thursday mornings low tide didn't produce a Golden Plover but did provide what I am calling a Long Billed Curlew. Warm coloring, no head strips and the length of the bill sounds about right. I have posted photos. I wish they were better but the bird was way out on the edge of the tide with the Marbled Godwits. The bird did not stick around like the Godwits. By the time I left around 11:00 I had 6 Marbled Godwits that were coming in with the tide. I tried very hard for the Golden but only found a few Black Bellied. Oh well, another day. ;)