sanibel lighthouse

  • paul84727
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2011
      I had an hours walk around the lighthouse this morning.Not too much around,apart from lots of barn swallows,a very brief sighting of a cuckoo species,probably yellow billed.Also one common loon close to beach.And a couple of distant warblers which I couldn't identify!
      Paul
      Southampton,UK
    • paul84727
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2011
        Had another walk around the lighthouse this morning.Again fairly quiet,but a couple of nice yellow throats and a gray catbird.I saw a warbler which I think was a female palm warbler.It was constantly flicking its tail but my guidebook doesn't mention this.Is this typical behaviour or is it more likely to have been something else? We leave Sanibel tomorrow,heading to Homossassa for a week.Looking forward to more warblers and passerines as the villa we are renting has bird feeders set up!
        Paul
        Southampton
        Uk