Bunche Beach guided walk Saturday and RFI for Birding on Sanibel or nearby

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2011

      I’m forwarding a request for birding information below.

      Cape Coral Friends of Wildlife info:

      http://www.ccfriendsofwildlife.org/

      Lee County Bird Patrol info:

      http://www.birdpatrol.org/

      SWFL Birdline info:

      FL Ornithological Society info:

      http://www.fosbirds.org/

      There's a group in the area called Bird Patrol, and they are leading a tour on Bunche Beach this Saturday, the 19th, at 8 am.  That should be a good trip - Bunche is awesome for shorebirds, and there will be some knowledgeable people in the group.

      February 19, Saturday 8AM Bunche Beach
      Guides: Ruth Woodall and Walt Winton. Located in So Ft. Myers off Summerlin Rd : Drive south on John Morris Rd until it deadends. Experience one of the best birding sites in Lee Co. Bring binoculars, sun protection, shoes that can get wet, a bottle of drinking water. Restrooms available in visitor’s center. Parking meter now has a $1 per hour charge.  Tour usually lasts two hours.  Meet at the beach picnic tables. 239-707-3015