birding sites between Sarasota and Miami

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2011
      Hi,
      I will be in Sarasota in two weeks (visiting from CT). I am meeting a friend from Miami for a day of birding on Feb. 28. I'm looking for a location that's about midway between Sarasota and Miami. I've been to Ding Darling before so hoping for something else. Anyone have any suggestions?

      Thanks,
      Lori Mott
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2011

        Lori and All,

        Anyone looking for an excellent listing of birding areas in the Ft Myers/Naples area should check the Caloosa Bird Club’s website:

        http://caloosabirdclub.org/

        and go to the link along the top of the page “Birding Resources” to get to “Local Birding Hot Spots” or use this link:

        http://caloosabirdclub.org/local-birding-hot-spots/

        Cape Coral Friends of Wildlife info:

        http://www.ccfriendsofwildlife.org/

        Lee County Bird Patrol info: