Birding Advice Needed

  • Evan Barrientos
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2010
      Hello everyone,
      I'm taking a six day birding trip to SW Florida early this January. I have four full days to bird, and so far I have picked out Ding Darling NWR, Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary, Big Cypress Preserve, and Everglades National Park. However, I would really appreciate advice on specifically where to go in these parks, or if there are other hotspots that would probably be more productive for a short amount of time. I am a bird photographer and a bird watcher, so what I am looking for in each spot is a place that will let me see a great diversity of birds UP CLOSE. I also prefer going to natural, peaceful areas instead of busy tourist destinations. So in summary, what are some specific spots in the places I've listed or elsewhere that would provide me with good birding and great photography opportunities in SW Florida.
      Thank you all so much,
      Evan Barrientos
      Milwaukee, WI

      PS My photo website is www.ebarrientos.smugmug.com