vacation in Naples FL.

  • Linda Phillips
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2010
      Hello Florida Birders,
      I live in the Pacific Northwest. I will be traveling to Naples Florida in early November to attend a friends wedding.
      I will be spending a week to ten days birding while I am in Florida. I am excited, knowing that I will most likely add to my "life list" by 50%. It now stands at 227. I am a home body by nature. I bird where I am. I bird when I travel, not travel to bird. So I have only birded in Washington, Oregon and Montana.
      I would appreciate any suggestions any of you can offer, from places to see, books to read, websites to visit,  to what to expect in the way of weather. What should I study in preparation for the trip? Are there any Audubon or other bird clubs that offer field trips I could go on?
      Where I live there are many wonderful places to bird but I spend most of my time at a little 17 acre neighborhood park. If any of you can recommend something like that that I won't find mentioned else where that would be wonderful.
      My target list is wide open since I've never seen any tropical birds or any east coast birds I'll be thrilled to see what you consider common.
      I will have a rental car.
      If anyone wants to offer to show me your favorite location I'd be thrilled.
      Linda
      linda_phillips1252@...