Re: [SWFLBirdline] Swallow-tailed Kites - no Prairie Warblers?

  • marie gonsalo
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2002
      Hi everybody,

      This spring, for the first time ever, I heard and then saw 1 Prairie Warbler singing in the beach side mangroves at Little Estero Lagoon. It was so neat! He looked really sharp in his new suit of breeding plumage!

      I continue to see Swallow-Tailed Kite in Lee County. Just one at a time. The latest was a few days ago near the entrance to the Brooks on Route 41 in Estero near the N. Bonita line. My biggest sighting of SWT. Kite this year were 6 over Corkscrew Marsh (not Swamp) earlier this spring as I was out looking for early spring wildflowers.

      Take care,
      Marie

      Marie Gonsalo
      BSeaside@...