- FYI Charlie Ewell Cape Coral, FL firstname.lastname@example.org (new email address) Cape Coral Friends of Wildlife info: http://www.ccfriendsofwildlife.org/ Lee CountyMessage 1 of 1 , May 13, 2010View Source
Cape Coral, FL
(new email address)
Cape Coral Friends of Wildlife info:
Lee County Bird Patrol info:
SWFL Birdline info:
FL Ornithological Society info:
From: Burney, Chris [mailto:Chris.Burney@...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:29 PM
Subject: RFI- buildings with nesting seabirds and shorebirds in Florida
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, together with numerous partners, is currently conducting a statewide survey of shorebird and seabirds nesting on tar-and-gravel rooftops in Florida . The previous statewide survey was done more than 10 years ago, and since then much has changed. Researchers are trying to determine the present distribution and size of rooftop colonies to assess the importance of these sites relative to coastal beaches. This information is particularly important given the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico .
If you know the location of a rooftop colony/nest, please send an e-mail to rooftopcolonies@... with as much of the following information as you can:
1. Name of building/type of building:
2. Address of site:
3. City or town:
5. GPS coordinates (if known):
6. Any major intersections or landmarks nearby:
7. When you last saw this rooftop occupied:
9. Your name and phone number:
10. Is the site being monitored by anyone already (e.g. local Audubon Chapter)? If yes, who?
IMPORTANT: When you reply, please list the COUNTIES for your sites in the SUBJECT line of the e-mail. This way, biologists in different parts of the state can receive the e-mail promptly and make preparations to go and inspect the site.