White-winged Scoter, Naples Water Treatment Plant, 2/16/10

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2010

      Today (2/16/10) I was able to relocate the White-winged Scoter that Vince Lucas found at the Naples Water Treatment Plant a few days ago.  For excellent directions see Vince’s initial post on the Tropical Audubon Bird Board at:

      http://www.tropicalaudubon.org/tasboard/messages/33333.html

      (new email address)

      Cape Coral Friends of Wildlife/Burrowing Owl Festival info:

      http://www.ccfriendsofwildlife.org/

      Lee County Bird Patrol info:

      http://www.birdpatrol.org/

      SWFL Birdline info:

      FL Ornithological Society info:

      http://www.fosbirds.org/

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 17, 2010

      All, the attached photos were taken with a Canon 20D and a 100-400 IS zoom lens from a fair distance (middle of the southern retention pond), and just about cropped as much as the software would allow.  The images are untouched otherwise.  I got lucky because it had been overcast, but the sun popped out after the ducks had moved to their closest point.

      To subscribe, unsubscribe or view archives of the brdbrain listserv list, please visit us on the web at: http://listserv.admin.usf.edu/archives/brdbrain.html To set to no mail: send a message "SET BRDBRAIN NOMAIL" to LISTSERV@... Report any problems to the listserv administrator: listadmin@... ____________________________________________________________________________