American Avocet

  • mybuntings
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
      For anyone interested, at Bonita Beach most Northern beach acceess, just before the overpass. I walk that end of the beach regularly and tonight at sunset I observed 8 beautiful American Avocet and many other shore birds, not on the beach you must walk all the way north until you reach the end and then walk to the back. Last week one Roseate Spoonbill...
    • vanhaas@citlink.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2014

        This morning I was birding the Estero CWS with the Caloosa Bird Club.  I broke away around 9:30 am and headed back.  When I reached the area of the pier in the lagoon, a single American Avocet flew in and began feeding by the pier.  I believe this is the same bird Roberta saw a bit later in the morning. John Haas