Target SWFL Species for a December Visit

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2009
      Greetings SW FL Birders,
      I will be visiting the Sanibel area in late December for a week, and am interested in finding a few target species. Can anyone suggest some likely places for the following birds? I am willing to travel to Naples
      and further if necessary. Thanks!

      Snail Kite
      White-tailed Kite
      Swainson's Hawk
      Short-tailed Hawk
      Mangrove Cuckoo
      Prairie Warbler
      Bachman's Sparrow (Babcock Webb, right?)
      Limpkin
      Whistling Ducks (Fulvous and Black-bellied)
      Clapper Rail
      King Rail
      Gull-billed Tern

      On previous visits, I have birded and am mostly familiar with Ding Darling, Bunche Beach, Sanibel Lighthouse, Corkscrew and Babcock Webb.
      Thank you for any advice.

      Pete Fenner
      East Peoria, IL