Scarlet Ibis at Lakes Park today

  • Cheyenne Szydlo
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2009
      Not sure if this is exciting for most locals, but it was a first for me!:  There was a Scarlet Ibis preening on the shore of the beach between the two water-parks at Lakes Park today. What a beautiful bird!

      -Cheyenne

    • Jeff Bouton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2009

        Hey all,

        I just posted a blog post on my new blog about my personal experience with the Sand-Plover in Jacksonville on the Leica Bird Blog:

        http://leicabirding.blogspot.com/

        It includes digiscoped pics of the Sand-Plover plus others including an Arctic Tern, and has links to site summarizing the first record of this species in the US in Winter 2001 in California if your interested in bird history at all!

        BTW - theirs was dull and nowhere near as pretty as our stunning adult male!! ;)

        Good birding all,

        Jeff Bouton

        Port Charlotte, FL

        jbouton2@...