BBS scouting in Punta Gorda

  • Jeff Bouton
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2002
      I recently received my information packet for a Charlotte Co. BBS route and I went out to scout it. I found a new colony of White-winged Doves just within 20 minutes from my home, found a breeding pair of Gray Kingbirds in downtown Punta Gorda (a species I've always thought should be here somewhere but been unable to find), and discovered new spots for FL Scrub Jays and Bachman's Sparrows that are again within easy reach of home. That is one of the great things about a BBS route or a breeding bird atlas you spend time in areas you might otherwise drive by and always make neat discoveries.

      Good Birding,

      Jeff Bouton
      Port Charlotte, FL
      jbouton@...