SRQ Bird Alerts 1 January 2009 - Ruff back at 2 PM Thursday

  • Peter Rice SRQ Bird Alerts
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2009
      1 January - The Ruff returned about 2:00 pm this afternoon and was still there when I left about three pm.  It was hanging around the spit of land on the right side before the bridge (at Myakka River State Park).  We were able to scope and photograph it by walking down the right side of the river about 100 yards opposite the bird which was still hanging around with a greater and a lesser yellowlegs and a long billed dowitcher.  Owen Comora  Ocomora@...

      Peter Rice