Sanibel Lighthouse 20 Apr 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2002

      Things are still fairly quiet at Sanibel Lighthouse migration wise, but one or
      two sightings of note for the location.

      Highlights:

      Red-shouldered Hawk: this cooperative adult was clearly a northern bird, as it
      was quite dark through the head and back. Most likely a male as the small
      appearance suggested Broad-winged Hawk at first glance. The red on the shoulder
      area was clearly seen.
      Peregrine Falcon
      Red-headed Woodpecker: while I'm sure others have occurred, this adult was my
      third at this location during both the spring and fall migrations over the past
      five years.
      Hairy Woodpecker: this was my first ever at the lighthouse.
      Eastern Kingbird
      Cape May Warbler
      Black-and-white Warbler
      Northern Waterthrush

      I was told Vince McGrath had reported quite a few warblers during an evening
      visit Friday (19 Apr).

      Regards,

      Arlyne Salcedo
      FLRBA@...