recent local sightings

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008

      I’ve received some belated reports from the weekend to pass along:

      Lakes Park (northern end of path that follows the east side of the lakes and passes the high ride condo) had the following warblers present:

      Black-and-white, No. Parula, American Redstart, Ovenbird, Prairie.

      Bunche Beach had the Long-billed Curlew present to the left of the parking area, and a Gull-billed Tern foraging along the wrack line.

    • damsammy
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008

        Hi all,

        My husband and I were out driving around southern Florida on Saturday and saw a male snail kite (along US 41 by Collier-Seminole State Park) and a female snail kite (saw along SR 835 south of Lake Okeechobee and Clewiston).  It looks like apple snail eggs on the fence post of the female snail kite.

        Birdon,

        Dave and Sue Miller

        I’ve received some belated reports from the weekend to pass along:

        Lakes Park (northern end of path that follows the east side of the lakes and passes the high ride condo) had the following warblers present:

        Black-and-white, No. Parula, American Redstart, Ovenbird, Prairie.

        Bunche Beach had the Long-billed Curlew present to the left of the parking area, and a Gull-billed Tern foraging along the wrack line.

        Charlie Ewell

        Cape Coral , FL

        anhinga42@embarqmai l.com