SRQ Bird Alerts 26 April 2008

  • SRQ Bird Alerts - Peter Rice
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26 9:29 AM
      26 April 10 to 11 AM - Celery Fields (NE Sarasota County, Fruitville Road exit off of I-75, between Fruitville Road and Palmer Blvd to the south) - Seen in the yellowish reeds about 300 yards (or meters) or 2/10th of a mile west of the gazebo along the berm (opposite the second tall light pole west of the gazebo) we saw: Two least bitterns, purple gallinule, wood duck mother with six ducklings, bald eagle (flying overhead), anhinga, blue-winged teal, black-bellied whistling duck, red-winged blackbird, black-neck stilt, coot, moorhen, great-blue heron, great egret, eastern meadowlark, boat-tailed grackle, little blue heron, wood stork, turkey vulture, brown pelican, glossy ibis, and white ibis. Heard but not seen, African lions and Asian tigers*.    Peter & Frances Rice

      * Residents of Big Cat Retirement Home (about 600 meters east of the gazebo)

      Peter Rice