SRQ Bird Alerts 29 Marchl 2008

  • SRQ Bird Alerts
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2008
      29 March - Returned to Celery Fields in Sarasota this AM for another attempt at seeing
      the rails.  Much better luck today.  Within 10 minutes of sunrise I had seen
      the sora rail.  In the same stretch of weeds near the gazebo I found the
      king rail who eventually came out in the open for me.  And eventually I also
      found a little virginia rail in the same area.
      Stopped at the Skyway Bridge on the way home and did not see one gannet this
      time.  What a difference 2 weeks makes.  Matt Paulson
      His two pictures of rails ought to be attached and/or below depending on what one permits to be loaded onto your computer.

      Note: The Celery Fields are in north-eastern Sarasota County immediately south of Fruitville Road, immediately east of I-75 (take the Fruitville Road exit), immediately north of Palmer Blvd, and immediately west of Center Road.  Look for the gazebo along the north side of Palmer Blvd and park there.  Below ought to be a proper link to Google maps for the Celery Fields area.  As for the name, once celery was grown in this area.

      Peter Rice