SRQ Bird Alerts 16 March 2008 - Ross's Goose location information

  • SRQ Bird Alerts
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2008
      15 March - The Ross's Goose referred to in your email was seen in the Colony Cove Mobile Home Park. It was here between 4:30 pm and 7:00 pm feeding on cracked corn put out by a resident.  It has not been seen here since.  Chris Beaton  Colony Cove  Ellenton, FL

      Comment: As I understand, this location is along US-301 about 4/5th of a mile east of I-75 and the Ellenton Mall (Prime Outlets).  This Ross's Goose was first seen in this area (with BBWDs) more than a month ago in a restricted access area.  Those searching for this Ross's Goose might look through out the area east of the Ellenton Mall, in particular in grassy areas and near water.  Also, one might be alert for a flock of BBWDs for the Ross's Goose may be near or with them.  Peter Rice

      Please send your input about rare and/or interesting bird sightings to: SRQbirdAlerts@...

      To CHANGE your address, use your OLD E-mail address to send an E-mail to the UNsubscribe address above and use your NEW E-mail address to send an E-mail to the subscribe address above.