burrowing owls

  • Kathleen
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2002
      Our young guest would like to see some burrowing owls. The nests I'm
      familiar with in Punta Gorda (on Bal Harbor, for instance) are owlless and
      I can't find the nest from last year on Albatross. Where else can we find
      them between Port Charlotte and Fort Myers? Specific streets would be helpful.

      Your help is appreciated.

      kathleen
    • chasanj
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2008
        we will be in sanibel in a few days. understand that there are some
        burrowing owls visible on cape coral? (do I have the right place).
        anyone know exactly where they are? saw it mentioned in arthur morris
        photo/birding newsletter.

        thanks
      • chasanj
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 13, 2008
          thanks so much for the help on where to locate owls on cape coral. we
          saw 3 today. 1 single and 2 together around the library. between 3-4
          pm. wonder if that is the usual time they are out? or is there a
          better time to catch them. all the other nests we passed were quiet.

          only here the 1st 2 weeks of jan every year. so far.

          thanks
          again.