Lakes Park Bird Patrol Tours

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2007

      Here are the next scheduled Lee County Parks and Rec-Preservation 20/20 guided birding opportunities at Lakes Park .  The canoe tour takes you out to see the wading bird roost/rookery areas, and the land tour goes north from the train station area and explores the lake shore and an undeveloped pine/oak upland area.  There is no tour charge, just the hourly parking rate.  See the parking meters for rate and ticket, which if memory serves me correctly is .75 per hour.  (I haven’t paid it for years, as I have an annual pass!).

      Subject: Lakes Park Bird Patrol Tours

      HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

      Start the New Year off right with a bird tour at Lakes Regional Park on Saturday, Jan. 5th.

      Join Bird Patrol guides Anita & Bob on the Canoe Tour or Bill W. and Bill S. on the Land Tour.

      Please call  461-7400 to register or go online at www.leeparks.org or www.birdpatrol.org. Follow links for tours and programs.  .

      Lakes Park is located at 7330 Gladiolus Drive . The Park opens at 8 AM.

      Tours are from 8:30-10:30 AM . Please arrive in time for an informal intro and to have all guests sign waivers.

      Meet at Shelter A 7  (near The Lodge)