SRQ Bird Alerts 29 November 2007

  • SRQ Bird Alerts
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2007

      28 November - While birding the "CLAY GULLEY RD LOOP"  today w/ Rick Greenspun, we ran into a nice mixed flock of birds including: blue headed and white eyed vireo, orange crowned warbler, many goldfinches and these two little beauties.  approx 2 miles SOUTH on sugarbowl After turning right from Clay Gulley Rd, in Sarasota County, near Myakka State Park.  We also saw a Crested Caracara on the sod farm in this area.  Kathryn Young
      Note: Clay Gulley Road is in far eastern Manatee County.  The loop is SR72 (Clark Road) east past Myakka River State Park to Siddel Road (or something close to this spelling), drive north on Siddel Road and it becomes Sugar Bowl Road, turn west on Clay Gulley Road and continue to Fruitville Road and turn west toward I-75.  Along this route is the north entrance to Myakka River State Park (this entrance open only on Saturday Sunday) and Crowley Museum & Nature Center.  Along Siddel Road/Sugar Bowl Road/Clay Gully Road watch the wires (telephone/electric) and fences for interesting birds to include flycatchers and blue birds.  Stay on government owned property along the roads.  Turkeys are sometimes seen along this loop.

      Please send your input about rare and/or interesting bird sightings to: SRQbirdAlerts@...

      To CHANGE your address, use your OLD E-mail address to send an E-mail to the UNsubscribe address above and use your NEW E-mail address to send an E-mail to the subscribe address above.