Sightings near Estero

  • Gayle Schmidt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi Everybody, I'm sorry this is late, but I thought it might be
      valuable from an informational standpoint. On Thursday, Oct 25, we
      were on a Lee County property that is not currently open to the public
      located east of Estero and I-75. Among other more conventional
      species, we saw:

      Tennessee Warblers: 3
      Indigo Buntings: 14
      Hermit Thrush: 1

      The buntings and warblers were seen in a depression marsh and the
      hermit thrush in mesic flatwoods.

      Gayle Schmidt
      Ft. Myers, Florida
      www.birdpatrol.org