SRQ Bird Alerts 2 June 2007 - Arctic and Roseate Terns

  • SRQ Bird Alerts
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2007
      2 June: At the edge of Stump Pass at the southern end of Stump Pass Park  the following were found: 2 arctic terns and a roseate tern.  Thomas Duch  t.m.duch@...

      Stump Pass Beach State Park Information  http://www.floridastateparks.org/stumppass/

      Driving Directions
      Stump Pass Beach State Park is located at the south end of Manasota Key in the town of Englewood, Florida. The 245 acre park consists of three islands and the protected channels between them.  From the north: Take the I-75 south to Exit 191 (River Road). Take River Road to Pine Street (Second traffic light after you cross US 41). Turn left on Pine Street. Take Pine Street to CR 776 (McCall Road) and turn right. Stay on McCall Road for approximately ½ mile. Turn left on Beach Road. Stay on Beach Road onto Manasota Key. When the road splits, keep to your left. This will become Gulf Blvd. Stay on Gulf Blvd till the road ends, you will be right in front of the park entrance.  From the south: take I-75 north to Exit 170 (Kings Hwy). Exit I-75 and turn left on Kings Hwy. After you pass under I-75 turn right onto Veteran's Blvd (CR 776). Stay on Veterans Blvd approx 16 miles through Murdock, El Jobean and into Englewood (It becomes El Jobean Road when it crosses US 41). Look for McDonalds on the left side of the road. Just past McDonald's you will turn left on Beach Road. Stay on Beach Road onto Manasota Key. When the road splits, keep to your left. This will become Gulf Blvd. Stay on Gulf Blvd till the road ends, you will be right in front of the park entrance.

      Please send your input about rare and/or interesting bird sightings to: SRQbirdAlerts@...