Shiny Cowbirds-Eagle Lakes Park Naples

  • birder124247
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2007
      Hi,

      Stopped in to Eagle Lakes Park in East Naples at around 1:30pm this
      afternoon. Saw all the same birds that I saw on Monday. I was looking
      at the Bronzed Cowbirds just to the right of the gazebo. Then a Sora
      popped out for a few minutes. Then a grayish brownish bird caught my
      eye. Checking my book it looked like a female Shiny Cowbird. Then 2
      more females came out. Then 2 males came out. A birding group from
      Punta Gorda stopped in. They had several scopes and all agreed that
      they were Shiny Cowbirds. As we looked through the scopes we were able
      to get both cowbirds and the red wings in the scope at the same time.
      Nice bird for the county year list.

      Kenneth P. Williams
      Naples