Lakes Park "Birdfest" this Saturday

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2007

      The Lee County Parks and Rec “Bird Patrol” (volunteer census group) will be hosting its annual Birdfest at Lakes Park ( Gladiolus Drive between US-41 and Summerlin Rd in south Ft Myers) this Saturday morning (7:30-12:00) on March 3rd.  Activities are listed below.  There will be various local venders as well.  I believe there will nature photography tips as well, but I’m not 100% on that one at the moment.

      Beach Scope
      Concession area Scope
      Owl Spotting Scope if the owl is there
      Canoe Tours to see the roost/rookery throughout the morning
      The Boardwalk Tour (Nature Loop)  at 8 and 10 AM meets at the Concession Stand
      Mockingbird Lane Tour (Nature Trail) at 8:30 and 10:30 meets at the Lodge
      Fragrance Garden Tour at 8:00 and 9:00 meets at the gazebo
      Raffle located in the lodge