SRQ Bird Alerts 03 January 2007

  • SRQ Bird Alerts
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2007
      3 January - Manatee County, Broadway Ave., directions: I-75 to University Parkway, west to Tuttle, turn right (north) on Tuttle, short distance to Broadway Avenue (turn left or west). Park near the traffic circle where there is cleared land on the right  and a scrubby wetland and weedy area on the left (south). Bird is in the weedy area about 30 yards southwest of the circle.

      At this location today we saw a Lark Sparrow, Merlin, and a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher.  We believe that we heard the Bell's Vireo

      Jeanne Dubi, Lynn Atherton and others saw the Bell's Vireo, Painted Bunting, Swamp Sparrow, and Eastern Phoebe earlier today.

      Earlier this week in the same location a Lincoln's Sparrow was seen along with the Bell's Vireo and Painted Bunting.

      Peter & Frances Rice

      Please send your input about rare and/or interesting bird sightings to: SRQbirdAlerts@...