Red Knots at Little Estero Lagoon

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2006

      All,

      I had a big flock of Red Knots at Little Estero Lagoon, Ft Myers Beach, Tue 5 Sep 06, numbering just over 450.  There were 22 banded individuals, which was very cool!  Anyone that sees banded Red Knots can report them directly to Brian Harrington at bharr@...

      The knots were located on the outer beach south of the small inlet.  At low tide, the lagoon is easy to cross from the inside path just after the mangroves, and then the inlet itself.  Other highlights were a Snowy Plover and a Roseate Spoonbill in the evening as sunset approached, along with the other expected shorebirds and waders.  Contact me for a complete list and/or directions if you are not familiar with this area.