      From: SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SWFLBirdline@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Charlie Ewell
      Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:55 PM
      To: SWFLBirdline
      Subject: Re: [SWFLBirdline] Possible Black-headed Gull at Sanibel toll booth
      area, 2 Jan 06

      I had a chance to speak to the visiting birder today, now back home, and get
      some specifics on the possible BH Gull. He had close, direct comparisons
      toi He
      described the size as smaller, the mantle lighter gray, the bill smaller and
      with a black tip, and the head pattern was cleaner and included the two thin
      distinctive black markings of a BH Gull/Bonaparte's type gull, not the
      smudgy-like, less distinctive markings of a Laughing Gull in basic plumage

      His concern is that w/o seeing the bird in flight, it would turn out to be
      aberrant Bonaparte's Gull. An aberrant Laughing Gull was not a possibility
      his opinion.

      My first description was based on a quick conversation, so I apologize if it
      lacked the depth of this post. Rightly after the many aberrant LAGU in FL
      fall, a few folks were curious if this gull could be possibly be one of