2555Birds and Blings

  • France
    May 13, 2014
      Good day Bird Folks;

      I went birding on Bowman's beach late this morning and had the pleasure of looking at some Red Knots in their summer plumage - what a treat for me as I'd never seen it before. I took my photos home and saw that one of them had a tag and a band - which led me to FB - which directed me to BandedBirds.org for more info. Turns out this Red Knot was first tagged on May 2012 in Delaware - a little trail shows that he was resighted in South Jersey and Delaware a few times, the trail then picks up on the following year at the same locations during the same time. As I look at my calendar - it shows him to be a week later in departing .... not quite sure if that means anything. In any event - this is really interesting citizen science and I'm delighted to be a part of it.
      I posted some photos on my blog - and those Red Knots are hot! http://www.birdstring.blogspot.com
        France Paulsen
      Sanibel, Florida