2344RRPA - eBird Report - 774 S Golf Dr, Jan 28, 2014

  • Arthur Sissman
    Jan 28, 2014
      The above location, 774 S Golf Dr Naples FL 34102 is a private house that appears not lived in.  The RRPA nested there last year in the tree described below.  The location is across from the tennis courts of the Naples Tennis and Golf Club.  There is parking on the street by the tennis courts.  Search the golf/tennis area first from the road for the birds.  I think afternoon is best, but...... I was fortunate not to have to wait long to find them (first on the dead snag by the golf course). Eventually - 15 min - 3 came to the area of 774 S Golf Dr.  I observed them around the dead palm for 20-30 min.
      Good luck.
      Arthur

      774 S Golf Dr, Collier, US-FL
      Jan 28, 2014 3:15 PM - 4:00 PM
      Protocol: Stationary
      Comments:    Scat clouds, 75°. This is the same location where the RRPA nested last year.  Today the Rose Ringed Parakeet was first seen in the dead snag behind the tennis courts south of 774 S Golf Dr.  Stand in front of the live palm tree on the street and you will see the split dead snag.  One of the RRPAs went into the 3rd hole from the bottom of the dead palm on the back of the circular driveway. Two other RRPA join this bird in the area.  No nesting material was observed.  The birds were observed in the area from 3:15pm to 4pm in various places between the tennis court area and 774 S Golf Dr.  A spotting scope will enhance the experience.  Be prepared to hang out to see the RRPA/or not!
      6 species

      Wood Stork  1    Flying onto golf club property
      Eurasian Collared-Dove  2
      Mourning Dove  3
      Rose-ringed Parakeet  3    If it looks like a RRPA, sounds like a RRPA, acts like a RRPA - mustn't it be a RRPA?
      European Starling  7    On golf course south of location and on wires north of location
      Palm Warbler  1    In trees along rd by golf course

      View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S16550119

      This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (http://ebird.org/)