2298Eurasian Wigeon in Cape Coral

  • birdman71055
    Jan 2, 2014

         Acting on the post from yesterday regarding the Eurasian Wigeon in Cape Coral, We ventured down from Englewood and found him around 3:40 this afternoon.  The location is as follows:  From Pine Island Road, turn north onto Del Prado Blvd, take the first left onto NE 10th Lane, the pond is immediately on your right.  For best viewing park along NE 15th Place.

         The Wigeon was swimming around by himself and then also with about 10 Mottled Ducks.  Also spotted 6 Muscovy's, around 30 Mottled, 8 Ring-Necks, some Mallard or Mallard/Mottled hybrids (maybe).

         We spotted 4 other Mallards that appeared larger than the others.  The female is all white and we have some videos of her and the male doing some kind of displaying.  Not sure if the two "tannish" ducks are juvenile Mallards or eclipse or what.  The four are apparently a family, they were inseparable the entire time we were there.  What is the story with this family group?  Albino female?  Domesticated?

    Dan & Joan Emlin

    Englewood FL

    Charlotte County

  • Show all 2 messages in this topic