1572Sanibel Lighthouse

  • mayhill10
    Apr 6 10:28 AM
      The Sanibel Lighthouse birding finally picked up last night and today with numerous migrants(and birders) appearing, though not in huge numbers. Two prothonotaries were spotted last night along with grey and eastern kingbirds and vireos. Today we had numerous indigo buntings,a painted bunting,a few hooded warblers,a small flock of orchard orioles, vireos, palm warblers. Others saw a summer tanager(I am still looking for it!)Especially fun to watch was a red bellied woodpecker harassing a screech owl in a palm snag. They apparently both feel the tree or hole is theirs. The owl stayed put and seemed to be ignoring the woodpecker. Julie Long
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic