1161RE: [SWFLBirdline] Bunche Beach shorebird walk

    Aug 19, 2007

      We had a fun morning checking out the denizens of Bunche Beach Saturday.  Birds of the shore seen included:

      Piping Plover

      Semipalmated Plover

      Wilson’s Plover

      Black-bellied Plover

      Least Sandpiper

      Western Sandpiper

      Short-billed Dowitcher

      Marbled Godwit

      Ruddy Turnstone

      Spotted Sandpiper

      American Oystercatcher

      Least Tern

      Forster’s Tern

      Sandwich Tern

      Royal Tern

      Black Skimmer

      Laughing Gull

      A few Barn Swallows and Purple Martins passed by overhead as well.

      I have it on good word that a Whimbrel and a Long-billed Curlew were seen during the week prior to the field trip.

      Go to http://www.birdpatrol.org for future field trip dates!  Look for the 2007 site tours at the top of the Bird Patrol home page.