Animal Health and Animal Welfare
- ANIMAL HEALTHOur objective is to protect and raise the health status and condition of animals in the Community, in particular food-producing animals, whilst permitting intra-Community trade and imports of animals and animal products in accordance with the appropriate health standards and international obligations.
The European Commission's activities in this area start with the recognition that animals are sentient beings. The general aim is to ensure that animals need not endure avoidable pain or suffering and obliges the owner/keeper of animals to respect minimum welfare requirements.
- Preventive health measures on intra-community trade and imports of:
- Community legislation on animal diseases:
- Other activities:
ZOOTECHNICSSatisfactory results in animal production depend to a large extent on the use of domestic animals of high genetic quality. The Community's zootechnical legislation aims at the promotion of free trade in breeding animals and their genetic material considering the sustainability of breeding programs and preservation of genetic resources.
- Community Action Plan on the Protection and Welfare of Animals 2006-2010
- EU legislation on the protection of animals
- Related international issues
- Other activities: implementation control of legislation or scientific advice
"Nirvana trebuie ca e aidoma unui somn perpetuu de catei. Un extaz dincolo de vise."
- Zootechnics issues
Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.