Hey Matt,

  • jcar75
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2002
      Hi Matt,

      Just wanted to let you know that I will not be able to make it out to
      your STREND competition. I was hoping to schedule it in with the
      Miramar event and a vacation, but I have successfully destroyed my
      right hamstring pole vaulting (don't ask), so I need about two months
      off before I start running again (if I am lucky). At any rate, I
      appreciate your thoughtfullness, but don't reserve a spot for me.
      Good luck with your event. With a little luck, I hope to see you at
      the World's in November. But right now I need to let this thing
      heal. I keep reinjuring it. What is a good exercise to strenghen
      hamstrings and prevent injury?

      I found a good website for us Masters competitors. It is
      www.nationalmastersnews.com. It has All-American standards for
      various age groups in the track events. If I can get healthy, I
      think that I can qualify for All-American in two events - pole vault
      and the 10,000 meter, particularly next year when I turn 50. I
      couldn't have qualified as an All-american when I was younger, but
      STREND and running have kept me in the hunt!! Thank you ED!!!!

      At any rate, thanks again. John Carmony
    • Matt Bogdanowicz
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2002

        No Worries, just heal.  I know the guy who set the World record in the mens pole vault 50+

        I  have a few patches myself for the All American standards.  Be advised they are revising those standards this year and they will become much harder.

        I have pole vaulted myself and know that it is brutally hard on the body.  If you get a chance to come out and just volunteer that would be great!

        There is a Masters meet on June 2 in Berkeley and I should be there, along with some great masters pole vaulters.

        Take Care,

        Matt

          jcar75 <jcar75@...> wrote:

[...]

        Community email addresses:
          Post message: STREND@...
          Subscribe:    STREND-subscribe@...

        List Homepage:

        To go to the STREND Website:
          http://www.strend.com

        Matt Bogdanowicz

        "Bid me run and I will strive with things impossible"    -  Shakespeare

        Chinese proverb
        The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • skate_94538
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2002
          Speaking of the 10,000 meters. I am headed to Stanford tonight to
          hopefully watch a new American record in the women's 10k, and maybe
          even the men's. The men's AR was set here last year.
          www.gostanford.com they will have a live results page going.
          By the way the men's 50+ 10 AR and WR: 32:10 & 31:01 There have
          been times as fast as 30:24 on the road in the 50-54 age group.
          Quick!!!