Re: [STREND] Digest Number 109

  • strended@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2001
      Tom,

      Reference your reply on preparing for the SWAT try outs, you hit the nail on
      the head. Well said!!! And very true.

      Ed Bugarin
      founder

      ==========================

      << Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 20:45:55 EST
      From: Clarkjl1@...
      Subject: Re: Digest Number 108

      Ed and Mark can help you with the physical side of your training, but only
      you can establish the "mental" side of your training. Mark and Ed are where
      they are at because they are physically tough but also mentally tough.
      Although I have never competed for what you are training for, what I can
      contribute is the need for mental toughness. Decide what you want and let
      nothing else get in the way. The head will give up before the body will
      quit. Just keep focused and don't ever rationalize giving up. The physical
      training will come to you. In your spare time, practice the "never quit"
      attitude that will carry you through. Winning is a state of mind as much as
      it is physical.
      Tom Clark >>