Re: [STREND] Digest Number 92

  • strended@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      Matt,

      The ROTC STREND, scheduled for December 8 is still a go and is open to
      everyone. It's free and you get a T-shirt. You can't beat that. . You can
      make it a STREND weekend buy running the Honolulu Marathon the following day.

      Best wishes in your upcoming endeavors.

      Have a STREND day,

      Ed Bugarin
      Founder

      ====

      << Message: 3
      Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:38:35 -0000
      From: skate_94538@...
      Subject: (unknown)

      Greetings,
      Last time I posted was before the tragedy on Sep 11. I hope everyone
      is doing well and staying fit.

      Surely I am disapointed that the world's have been cancelled. If it
      wasn't to late I'd be on a flight to Berlin right now to compete in
      the Euro champs. (I'll try and post results)
      I take it the ROTC is still a go(is that open to everyone?)

      The idea of the Nor Cal STREND is still prominent, However TIMEOUT,
      will not be the main promoter and supporter. I'll still do my best
      produce an event. Perhaps the scale of which will equal the Canadian
      Championships.

      On Nov 3 I will stage a private STREND challenge with about 4 or 5
      friends, (Randy, your not to far away), and I encourage everyone
      else to do the same, it will be fun
      to post our results up. You can always e-mail them to me and I will
      post them up on my website.

      Well folks I am off to Santa Barbara for a master's track meet, and
      I'll be hoping to read some mail from the STREND group when I return.

      PEACE

      Matt
    • strended@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        Gina,

        If having an event in May will bring you over, we'll set one up just for you
        and Jim.

        No call back from Uncle Sam to return to duty, but am keeping my fingers
        crossed. I wouldn't want to miss out.

        Carol is currently in L.A. for a conference and will be at her mom's house
        Monday night. They will be flying back to Hawaii (yes, her mom is coming for
        a visit) on Thursday.

        Let us know when you guys are coming over so we can plan a STREND weekend for
        you.

        Have a STREND day,

        Ed

        ======

        << Message: 2
        Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 09:17:03 -0700
        From: "Gina Correll" <correll@...>
        Subject: Re: 6th Annual STREND World Championships

        Hi Ed-

        Great to hear from you. Have you been called to go out on any secret
        assignments based on our world situation? I've been thinking about you a
        lot. When was the STREND world championships? I thought it was in May and
        we were planning on coming over then. Is that the same timeframe?

        We'd love to come see you guys. Say hi to my best friend for me and I'll
        write more soon.

        Love you guys!

        Gina