Re: [STREND] It's Been Awhile

  • Matt Bogdanowicz
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2011
      Great job Chris,

      I'm mostly running, very little weights, track season is upon me.  My twin girls are due this Saturday!  I'll be very busy going forward, but  Mark was planning a late June STREND.
      I'm 144 on the Richter scale.
      I'll try a version on Friday: 155 bench, +22lbs Pullups, and chins.  90lbs on Military free weight press and + 27lbs on dips and post my numbers. (I'll try and film it and pot it as well)
      I'm planning on a 7 minute video explaining in detail all disciplines and the difference  between a full rep and partial rep, correct and incorrect form etc) This will be posted on youtube as well.  The dips especially are the area that is in need of the most attention in competition.

      Matt

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2011
        Matt,
        Congrats on the twins! Life is about to get much busier! A strend this year may be a little tough training for but it would still be great to compete again.
        But who knows--I think the youtube thing is a great idea. No one better to introduce Strend and stress the rules for each discipline. As soon you get it up let me know, and I will post a strend video on there and link it to yours. Maybe if we aren't able to pull a real Strend off, we can have virtual competition on on youtube.
        That said, I'd definitely compete this June if Mark Lundin can put something together. If we can generate a little buzz on youtube strend could take off (albeit nothing close  to Justin Bieber of Charlie Sheen proportions.)
        The ultimate of course would be a world championship in Hawaii. For now, I'll get my video cam ready with a goal of breaking 10--though I'm not sure the running component of Strend would make for a good viewing.

        From: Chris <sirchrislele@...>

        To: STREND@yahoogroups.com