West Coast STREND Update Important

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 8, 2008
      Attention STRENDERS

      We have one week to make a final decision (by the 15th) If the
      registration does not improve rapidly then we have no choice but to
      reschedule, most likely last Saturday in September. We want to avoid
      this if possible, but 4 or so registrants is simply not cutting it for
      a full blown event.
      Jennifer MaGee has contacted several high schools and college athletic
      departments, as well as dropping off flyers at Police stations, Fire
      stations and even a local Bootcamp group. Online registration is
      lacking. Please spread the word we can't do it without you. STREND
      is a celebration of Fitness.
      We will have the basic division available if needed.

      Thanks, Have a STREND Day

      Matt
    • JOHN CARMONY
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 8, 2008
        Whatever works!!
        Gee, now I will extend my peak through the summer!
        JC

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 8, 2008
          Wow, I'm surprised! Only 4. John, Matt, myself and Greg (I'm guessing.)

          I've been posting fliers all around the Bay Area from SF to San Jose, from
          running stores to health stores. I saw Strend up on active.com and theschedule. Signing up is simply a click away. I'm flabbergasted that nobody else has signed up.

          So let's step the marketing up a notch. I like the idea of police stations/fire dpt. I'll distribute even more fliers around (if anyone needs some, I made a fancy one using my latest Macbook addition, iWorks.)

          On a more personal note, I'm in tip-top shape and have been rearing to go. To think all this training and discipline will not get to shine...and I know that goes for the other three as well.

          Again, I'll do my best here. Meetup.com is also another venue for running/fitness/bootcamp groups throughout California so everyone try
          your local area. And if you're a regular strender and are planning to take part May 3rd, sign up today!

          Let's represent (as they say.)

          -Chris

          Matt <skate_94538@...> wrote: Attention STRENDERS

          We have one week to make a final decision (by the 15th) If the
          registration does not improve rapidly then we have no choice but to
          reschedule, most likely last Saturday in September. We want to avoid
          this if possible, but 4 or so registrants is simply not cutting it for
          a full blown event.
          Jennifer MaGee has contacted several high schools and college athletic
          departments, as well as dropping off flyers at Police stations, Fire
          stations and even a local Bootcamp group. Online registration is
          lacking. Please spread the word we can't do it without you. STREND
          is a celebration of Fitness.
          We will have the basic division available if needed.

          Thanks, Have a STREND Day

        • greg_damian
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 13, 2008
            Unfortunately I have encountered a pesky shoulder injury that is
            really hindering my bench and military press (I can do about half of
            normal). At this point I don't think you can count on me :( I hope
            you can get some additional registrations and perhaps if my shoulder
            improves greatly in the next couple of weeks, I can go for it.

            Greg

            --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lele <sirchrislele@...> wrote:

            > Wow, I'm surprised! Only 4. John, Matt, myself and Greg (I'm
            guessing.)

            > I've been posting fliers all around the Bay Area from SF to San
            Jose, from
            > running stores to health stores. I saw Strend up on active.com and
            theschedule. Signing up is simply a click away. I'm flabbergasted
            that nobody else has signed up.

            > So let's step the marketing up a notch. I like the idea of police
            stations/fire dpt. I'll distribute even more fliers around (if anyone
            needs some, I made a fancy one using my latest Macbook addition,
            iWorks.)

            > On a more personal note, I'm in tip-top shape and have been rearing
            to go. To think all this training and discipline will not get to
            shine...and I know that goes for the other three as well.

            > Again, I'll do my best here. Meetup.com is also another venue for
            running/fitness/bootcamp groups throughout California so everyone try
            > your local area. And if you're a regular strender and are planning
            to take part May 3rd, sign up today!

            > Let's represent (as they say.)
            >
            > -Chris
            >

            > Matt <skate_94538@...> wrote: Attention
            STRENDERS

            > We have one week to make a final decision (by the 15th) If the
            > registration does not improve rapidly then we have no choice but
            > reschedule, most likely last Saturday in September. We want to
            avoid
            > this if possible, but 4 or so registrants is simply not cutting it
            for
            > a full blown event.
            > Jennifer MaGee has contacted several high schools and college
            athletic
            > departments, as well as dropping off flyers at Police stations,
            Fire
            > stations and even a local Bootcamp group. Online registration is
            > lacking. Please spread the word we can't do it without you.
            STREND
            > is a celebration of Fitness.
            > We will have the basic division available if needed.
            >
            > Thanks, Have a STREND Day
            >
            > Matt

          • Matt Bogdanowicz
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 14, 2008
              GREG,

              I will be sending positve thoughts your way. We are going for it on May 3rd. with some luck we may see you there. keep me updated

              Matt

            • Matt
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 14, 2008
                sponsorship and t-shirts secure. We are going for it on May 3rd
                continue to encourage freinds and fitness associates alike.

                Can't wait! Let's celebrate Fitness the old fashioned way- with
                some sweat and effort!

                Matt

              • JOHN CARMONY
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 14, 2008
                  Double all right!!!!

                  JC

                  --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com<mailto:STREND@yahoogroups.com>, Chris Lele <sirchrislele@...> wrote:

                  > Wow, I'm surprised! Only 4. John, Matt, myself and Greg (I'm
                  guessing.)

                  > I've been posting fliers all around the Bay Area from SF to San
                  Jose, from
                  > running stores to health stores. I saw Strend up on active.com and
                  theschedule. Signing up is simply a click away. I'm flabbergasted
                  that nobody else has signed up.

                  > So let's step the marketing up a notch. I like the idea of police
                  stations/fire dpt. I'll distribute even more fliers around (if
                  anyone needs some, I made a fancy one using my latest Macbook
                  addition, iWorks.)

                  > On a more personal note, I'm in tip-top shape and have been
                  rearing to go. To think all this training and discipline will not
                  get to shine...and I know that goes for the other three as well.

                  > Again, I'll do my best here. Meetup.com is also another venue for
                  running/fitness/bootcamp groups throughout California so everyone try
                  > your local area. And if you're a regular strender and are planning
                  to take part May 3rd, sign up today!

                  > Let's represent (as they say.)
                  >
                  > -Chris
                  >

                  > Matt <skate_94538@...> wrote:
                  Attention STRENDERS

                  > We have one week to make a final decision (by the 15th) If the
                  > registration does not improve rapidly then we have no choice but
                  > reschedule, most likely last Saturday in September. We want to
                  avoid
                  > this if possible, but 4 or so registrants is simply not cutting
                  it for
                  > a full blown event.
                  > Jennifer MaGee has contacted several high schools and college
                  athletic
                  > departments, as well as dropping off flyers at Police stations,
                  Fire
                  > stations and even a local Bootcamp group. Online registration is
                  > lacking. Please spread the word we can't do it without you.
                  STREND
                  > is a celebration of Fitness.
                  > We will have the basic division available if needed.
                  >
                  > Thanks, Have a STREND Day
                  >
                  > Matt

                • Matt
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 22, 2008
                    How you feeling Greg?
                    Chris and I are contemplating competing under the old "Elite"
                    standards. Most likely we would be the last competitors to go.
                    115% Bench, pulls, chins. 60% shoulder and 120% on dips.
                    Anyone who has ever scored a 6 or higher in a regular STREND could do
                    it, it is a bit tougher and more intense, but does allow for a bit
                    more recovery time between disciplines. Not sure how it effects the
                    run, I suppose run time would be the same, maybe 5 seconds faster per
                    mile then a regular strend due to cardiovascular strain.

                    Matt

                    --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "greg_damian" <greg_damian@...> wrote:

                    > Unfortunately I have encountered a pesky shoulder injury that is
                    > really hindering my bench and military press (I can do about half
                    of
                    > normal). At this point I don't think you can count on me :( I hope
                    > you can get some additional registrations and perhaps if my
                    shoulder
                    > improves greatly in the next couple of weeks, I can go for it.
                    >
                    > Greg
                    >
                    > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lele <sirchrislele@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Wow, I'm surprised! Only 4. John, Matt, myself and Greg (I'm
                    > guessing.)
                    > >
                    > > I've been posting fliers all around the Bay Area from SF to San
                    > Jose, from
                    > > running stores to health stores. I saw Strend up on active.com
                    and
                    > theschedule. Signing up is simply a click away. I'm flabbergasted
                    > that nobody else has signed up.
                    > >
                    > > So let's step the marketing up a notch. I like the idea of police
                    > stations/fire dpt. I'll distribute even more fliers around (if
                    anyone
                    > needs some, I made a fancy one using my latest Macbook addition,
                    > iWorks.)
                    > >
                    > > On a more personal note, I'm in tip-top shape and have been
                    rearing
                    > to go. To think all this training and discipline will not get to
                    > shine...and I know that goes for the other three as well.
                    > >
                    > > Again, I'll do my best here. Meetup.com is also another venue for
                    > running/fitness/bootcamp groups throughout California so everyone
                    try
                    > > your local area. And if you're a regular strender and are
                    planning
                    > to take part May 3rd, sign up today!
                    > >
                    > > Let's represent (as they say.)
                    > >
                    > > -Chris
                    > >

                    > > Matt <skate_94538@> wrote: Attention
                    > STRENDERS
                    > >
                    > > We have one week to make a final decision (by the 15th) If the
                    > > registration does not improve rapidly then we have no choice but
                    > > reschedule, most likely last Saturday in September. We want to
                    > avoid
                    > > this if possible, but 4 or so registrants is simply not cutting
                    it
                    > for
                    > > a full blown event.
                    > > Jennifer MaGee has contacted several high schools and college
                    > athletic
                    > > departments, as well as dropping off flyers at Police stations,
                    > Fire
                    > > stations and even a local Bootcamp group. Online registration is
                    > > lacking. Please spread the word we can't do it without you.
                    > STREND
                    > > is a celebration of Fitness.
                    > > We will have the basic division available if needed.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks, Have a STREND Day
                    > >
                    > > Matt

                  • JOHN CARMONY
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 22, 2008
                      Good! that moves me up two spots on the regular STREND list!

                      I turn 55 tomorrow. STREND keeps me in the game!

                    • stevie720@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 22, 2008
                        Does that mean 15 and 20 % over body wt?
                        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                        --- In STREND@yahoogroups. <mailto:STREND%40yahoogroups.com> com, "greg_damian" <greg_damian@...> wrote:

                        > Unfortunately I have encountered a pesky shoulder injury that is
                        > really hindering my bench and military press (I can do about half
                        of
                        > normal). At this point I don't think you can count on me :( I hope
                        > you can get some additional registrations and perhaps if my
                        shoulder
                        > improves greatly in the next couple of weeks, I can go for it.
                        >
                        > Greg
                        >
                        > --- In STREND@yahoogroups. <mailto:STREND%40yahoogroups.com> com, Chris Lele <sirchrislele@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Wow, I'm surprised! Only 4. John, Matt, myself and Greg (I'm
                        > guessing.)
                        > >
                        > > I've been posting fliers all around the Bay Area from SF to San
                        > Jose, from
                        > > running stores to health stores. I saw Strend up on active.com
                        and
                        > theschedule. Signing up is simply a click away. I'm flabbergasted
                        > that nobody else has signed up.
                        > >
                        > > So let's step the marketing up a notch. I like the idea of police
                        > stations/fire dpt. I'll distribute even more fliers around (if
                        anyone
                        > needs some, I made a fancy one using my latest Macbook addition,
                        > iWorks.)
                        > >
                        > > On a more personal note, I'm in tip-top shape and have been
                        rearing
                        > to go. To think all this training and discipline will not get to
                        > shine...and I know that goes for the other three as well.
                        > >
                        > > Again, I'll do my best here. Meetup.com is also another venue for
                        > running/fitness/bootcamp groups throughout California so everyone
                        try
                        > > your local area. And if you're a regular strender and are
                        planning
                        > to take part May 3rd, sign up today!
                        > >
                        > > Let's represent (as they say.)
                        > >
                        > > -Chris
                        > >

                        > > Matt <skate_94538@> wrote: Attention
                        > STRENDERS
                        > >
                        > > We have one week to make a final decision (by the 15th) If the
                        > > registration does not improve rapidly then we have no choice but
                        > > reschedule, most likely last Saturday in September. We want to
                        > avoid
                        > > this if possible, but 4 or so registrants is simply not cutting
                        it
                        > for
                        > > a full blown event.
                        > > Jennifer MaGee has contacted several high schools and college
                        > athletic
                        > > departments, as well as dropping off flyers at Police stations,
                        > Fire
                        > > stations and even a local Bootcamp group. Online registration is
                        > > lacking. Please spread the word we can't do it without you.
                        > STREND
                        > > is a celebration of Fitness.
                        > > We will have the basic division available if needed.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks, Have a STREND Day
                        > >
                        > > Matt

                      • Matt
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 22, 2008
                          Yes over Bodyweight

                          163 lb athlete would use 185 on bench as the weight is truncated and
                          on the dips 30-32.5lbs depending on the vest or if 2.5 or 1.25
                          weights are used. on shoulder it would be 97.8lbs (97.5 if 1.25lbs
                          are used) 1.25lb weights should always be used when it comes to
                          shoulder press, rounding down to the nearest 5lbs on bench is
                          probably OK

                          --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, stevie720@... wrote:

                          > Does that mean 15 and 20 % over body wt?
                          > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                        • Matt
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 22, 2008
                            Happy Birthday! You are an inspiration!
                            I hope to match your Fitness accomplishments over the next 15 years.

                          • stevie720@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 22, 2008
                              Thanks Matt. What would be good numbers in this area?

                              --- In STREND@yahoogroups. <mailto:STREND%40yahoogroups.com> com, stevie720@... wrote:

                              > Does that mean 15 and 20 % over body wt?
                              > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                            • Matt
                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 22, 2008
                                you can look at the old numbers on www.strend.com

                                1995-2000

                                Sonki was the only one who broke 7. 4 or higher is still pretty
                                darn good.

                                I only tried it once (my first STREND), There was some trouble with
                                the weights on the dips, my belt was loaded incorrectly, the weight
                                was heavy on one side and it had to be adjusted, but even if things
                                were perfect, I probably would have only achieved 5 more reps so
                                myabe 6.25, but I still would not have won, I was simply in over my
                                head against Sonki, I actually do a bit better in the open STREND
                                because of the slighty more cardio nature of the event

                                I hope to score 6.5 Next week with the Elite Standards I hope to get
                                about 112-114 reps.

                                This guy was impressive in 99': He must have benched 210lbs 28
                                times! Holy cow 28 dips with at least an extra 35lbs added to his
                                185 pound frame!

                                Russ Rang 185 26 Honolulu, Hawaii
                                28 17 25 17 28 115 21:04 5.4580

                                Matt

                              • stevie720@yahoo.com
                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 22, 2008
                                  Wow. I'm hoping to do July at Syracuse. I want to do elite. I hope people show up.