Re: new pull up world record yeahhh!!!!

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2008
      Great Job WOW!
      My left tendon is almost healed up so I have been sticking to short
      duration, less then a minute or two type stuff. If I attempt a
      record it will be Feb 9th and it will be the 30 minute record again,
      sorry. But it will give you something to break again. The one hour
      WR; if you don't mind- I will give it a try after you bust the
      magic 800 barrier. Heck if nothing else I will get an North
      American record.

      We all have seperate Fitness goals, from completing an ironman or
      marathon to becnhing 315. I think it is important to have diversity
      in your life and to always challenge oneself in different areas
      outside your comfort zone.
      For me running, paticualry Track and Field has always been my first
      love. I will be concentrating on that once again this year.

      This week, Orangutan hang record and 12 one finger pull ups, with
      two camera video evidence.

      Also next week 146LBS oen finger each hand Deadlift.
      I know it is a slighty obscure record and soft, but still it is fun
      and motivating
      http://www.oddlifts.com/1_finger_on_each_hand_dead_lift.html

      I am competing in a STRONGMAN Contest in a month and of course a
      STREND competition soon. So have so many things going on, I
      sometimes have to take a step back and gather my wits about me.

      Matt

      Great Job WOW!
      My left tendon is almost healed up so I have been sticking to short
      duration, less then a minute or two type stuff. If I attempt a
      record it will be Feb 9th and it will be the 30 minute record again,
      sorry, but it will give you something to break again at least.
      The one hour WR; if you don't mind- I will give it a try after
      you bust the magic 800 barrier. Heck if nothing else I will get a
      North American record.

      We all have separate Fitness goals, from completing an ironman or
      marathon to benching 315. I think it is important to have
      diversity in your life and to always challenge oneself in different
      areas outside your comfort zone.
      For me running, particularly Track and Field has always been my
      first love. I will be concentrating on that once again this year.
      Article posted January 1 on Masterstrack:
      http://www.masterstrack.com/blog/

      World Records:
      This week: Orangutan hang record (100+ seconds) and 12 one finger
      pull ups, with two camera video evidence.
      Also next week 146LBS one finger each hand Dead-lift.
      I know it is a slightly obscure record and soft, but still it is fun
      and motivating
      http://www.oddlifts.com/1_finger_on_each_hand_dead_lift.html

      I am competing in a STRONGMAN Contest in a month and of course a
      STREND competition soon. So have so many things going on, I
      sometimes have to take a step back and gather my wits about me. It
      is challenging to train for so many events. I can't keep going on
      and on with pull ups, but will have to disperse my attempts
      accordingly.

      I will also attempt 47 pull ups in One minute at the end of this
      month.

      Good luck to everyone this year in everything you do! A personal
      record is often more gratifying then breaking a World record.

      Matt

      --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "stephen" <haygem8@...> wrote:

      > hi matt
      >
      > how did you get on, on saturday,i had a go, but i think you may
      have
      > to revisit the conversion table as i did 787 PULL UPS and will do
      the
      > 800 + in the new year and try to beat my chin up record, by your
      > table 787 gives me appox 900 chins ups,this would be one time i
      hope
      > you are right.
      >
      > stephen H N Y
      >

      > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Stephen,
      > >
      > > Right on way to go! Like I said the easiest one is the one
      hour
      > (Guy Schott)
      > > I am still on my prediction to hold the three Pull up World
      > records before the end of the year, 1 minute- 30 minute and 60
      minute
      > records:
      > > We have been working on the conversion: So far looking like
      1.13-
      > 1.15, so 720 pull ups is close to 820 chins. What do you think?
      > > Got to go! Turkey Day!!!! Trying to gain a Kilo or two!
      > >
      > > Matt
      > >
      > > stephen <haygem8@> wrote:
      > > hi matt just done my first PULL UP WORLD RECORD THE
      OTHER
      > DAY AND IT IS
      > > ALREADY IN THE POST TO RALF.
      > >
      > > REGARDS STEVE.
      > >
      > > PS QUOTE of the day Few men have the natural strength to honour
      > > friends success with out envy.
      > >

      > > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from
      what
      > the average man is."

    • stephen
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 12, 2008
        HI MATT

        SET A NEW PULL UP RECORD FOR THE HOUR 825 AND ALSO BEAT THE 30MIN
        ON ROUTE 440,I'M NOT FINISHED WITH THE 30 MIN YET I HAD TO PACE MY
        SELF FOR THE HOUR, AS I SAID BELOW I WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED IF I
        DIDN'T EQUAL MY CHIN UPS,I AM FINDING PULL UPS EASIER,AND IT IS A
        FACT,AND IF NOT, YOU WILL REALLY HAVE TO RE VISIT THE RATIOS.

        REGARDS STEPHEN

      • Matt Bogdanowicz
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 12, 2008
          Good job!

          See all along you were probably better at pull ups! Set two WR myself last month, 1 finger pull-ups and one arm bar hang.

          Ratio's are dependent on really on a lot more needed data, we need 100's of individuals to do what you are doing to be sure. Thousands of kids were tested across the nation in a mandatory challenge and found that it was .75, so 12 chins = 9 pull ups. Like anything the more you do, the more efficient you are so the ratio should adapt or change over time, Certainly when doing 800+ of something the ratio is a lot less.

          By the way your height/weight is on the lighter side right?
          1.58m 50-55kg Certainly good for setting records.
          Keep it up!

          Matt

        • stephen hyland
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 12, 2008
            HI WELL DONE FOR YOUR WR I AM 10S 10 LBS AM FOR THE ATTEMPT 10S 12LBS PM

            Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@...> wrote: Good job!