Pull up world Record detailed training 10/27

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 3, 2007
      http://speedendurance.com/

      Per week training can also be found:
      http://speedendurance.com/category/training/

      Light week this week as I am headed down to Santa Barbara for a Masters
      track meet.

      Matt
    • Devon
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2007
        Best of luck, Matt. I know you can do it.

        --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@...> wrote:

        > http://speedendurance.com/
        >
        > Per week training can also be found:
        > http://speedendurance.com/category/training/
        >
        > Light week this week as I am headed down to Santa Barbara for a Masters
        > track meet.
        >
        > Matt

      • Takis Hohlfeld
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2007
          Hello Matt,
          good luck for the record, but I dont know exactly,how many reps is world record ? I think in one hour more as 1000 reps, because I try for two years
          ago one hour pull up with 870 rep without special preparing,only my STREND
          programm, know Im still with training because the work is to busy.
          After your record, maybe you have one video, we can do a bet.

          Okay also good luck for record and have a strend day

          Takis Hohlfeld
          -------- Original-Nachricht --------
          > Datum: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:31:42 -0000
          > Von: "Matt" <skate_94538@...>
          > An: STREND@yahoogroups.com
          > Betreff: [STREND] Pull up world Record detailed training 10/27

          > http://speedendurance.com/
          >
          > Per week training can also be found:
          > http://speedendurance.com/category/training/
          >
          > Light week this week as I am headed down to Santa Barbara for a Masters
          > track meet.
          >
          > Matt

        • Matt Bogdanowicz
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 4, 2007
            Takis,

            Hope all is well, you were recently suffering from a shoulder injury I believe?

            Anything over 442 in 30 minutes is a record.

            With one hour soon 800+ should be the record.
            Basically full lockout chin must clear bar and no leg kicking
            I only do palms forward Pull ups.

            The chin must be raised above the bar.
            Each single chin-up must be started from a hanging position, i.e. the arms must be straight in the "down" position.
            You can dismount as often as you wish.
            Video documentation must be provided. The camera should be at the height of the bar so that it is possible to decide whether the chin cleared the bar. The full body of the contestant must be visible all the time.
            You can use the grip you prefer (palms facing face or palms away from face),i.e. there is no distinction between chin-ups and pull-ups.
            The chin must be raised above the bar level, otherwise the chin-up has to be disallowed by the judges.
            Leg kicks and lower-body movements cannot be used to gain momentum in the exercise.

            some day my potential my be 900 for an hour, I can't imagine being able to do more than that. My bet would be that you could reach that mile stone before I would be able.

            After this 30 minute attempt I will take about 5 weeks off from pull ups and then start another training program.

            Matt

            Takis Hohlfeld <TakisHohlfeld@...> wrote:
            Hello Matt,
            good luck for the record, but I dont know exactly,how many reps is world record ? I think in one hour more as 1000 reps, because I try for two years
            ago one hour pull up with 870 rep without special preparing,only my STREND
            programm, know Im still with training because the work is to busy.
            After your record, maybe you have one video, we can do a bet.

            Okay also good luck for record and have a strend day

            Takis Hohlfeld
            -------- Original-Nachricht --------
            > Datum: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:31:42 -0000
            > Von: "Matt" <skate_94538@...>
            > An: STREND@yahoogroups.com
            > Betreff: [STREND] Pull up world Record detailed training 10/27

            > http://speedendurance.com/
            >
            > Per week training can also be found:
            > http://speedendurance.com/category/training/
            >
            > Light week this week as I am headed down to Santa Barbara for a Masters
            > track meet.
            >
            > Matt

          • John Destacamento
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 17, 2007
              Hello guys,

              I've been in the Strend Yahoo Groups for years now,
              but I rarely respond to any comments. I own a
              personal training facility in Sunnyvale, California.
              The facility is called Sweat Studio and we have about
              7 trainers on staff. One of our trainers is a
              CrossFit instructor. A few of us would like to see
              Matt's record attempt. Is this event an open
              invitation or do we need to have special permission to
              attend? Any feedback would be great!

              Thanks,
              John Destacamento

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Matt Bogdanowicz
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 17, 2007
                John,
                OPEN event, Location in Livermore, ca
                http://www.ftrubyhill.com/

                It is a health fair with other invited guests and speakers etc., from 12-3PM.
                The attempt will begin at aprox 2:30PM

                Matt

                John Destacamento <loudimpact@...> wrote:
> [...]

                > programm, know Im still with training because the
                > work is to busy.
                > After your record, maybe you have one video, we can
                > do a bet.
                >
                > Okay also good luck for record and have a strend day
                >
                > Takis Hohlfeld
                > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
                > > Datum: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:31:42 -0000
                > > Von: "Matt" <skate_94538@...>
                > > An: STREND@yahoogroups.com
                > > Betreff: [STREND] Pull up world Record detailed
                > training 10/27
                >
                > > http://speedendurance.com/
                > >
                > > Per week training can also be found:
                > > http://speedendurance.com/category/training/
                > >
                > > Light week this week as I am headed down to Santa
                > Barbara for a Masters
                > > track meet.
                > >
                > > Matt
                > >

                > --
                > Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört?

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is."

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 20, 2007
                  Thanks for the prompt feedback Matt! Looking forward
                  and good luck!
                  Regards,
                  John

                  http://mail.yahoo.com