Re: 12 hour Pull up WR

  • stephen
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
      -

      hi done this last sunday 24.6.07
      .http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html visit the
      page

      I only did 8hours 3mins no breaks and this is the break
      down

      existing 6 hour AWR 2456 new record 2968 I
      reached the old record in 4hr.49mins appox

      I also set a new 8hour record for GWR 3733

      existing 12 hour AWR 3116 new record 3750 i reached
      the old wr in 6hr.22mins appox

      existing 12 hour GWR 2222 new record 3750

      existing 24 hour AWR inaugural 3500 now 3750 time taken
      8hr.03 mins check out web page

      I could have done more but my hands was a tad sore plus all
      the people
      had enough and all wanted to have dinner, it would have taken
      about 15 mins
      to sort out the hands to carry on but as I always say leave
      some in the tank
      keep them guessing,i started fast because i wanted to push the
      bar higher
      for the 6hr and 8hr WR but i am certain if i had to do any one
      of the above on it's own
      i would be able to do a lot better,i will be attempting two
      more WR this year and
      in the way of a change one will not be chin ups,.
      regards Steve when you reach your goal it is only a
      starting point for the next!!!!!!!!! there is no next said the wife
      and judges

      -- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "greg_damian" <greg_damian@...> wrote:

      > I think you need to check your math. It is more like 3.4 pullups
      per
      > minute for six hours to get 1220 pullups.
      >
      > This is definately an event where you have to trail on the bar you
      > are going to do the event on. What is the biggest set you are
      doing
      > prior to the event?
      >
      > Greg
      > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > The body can shut down at any time, but with record attempts of
      > this length of time, injury becomes a factor. I know the first 6
      > hours will be doable. How I feel at that point and what my total
      is
      > at that point will dictate if I have enough to claim the record.
      > > It is possible if needed to only do two pull ups a minute the
      > last 6 hours if one hits the 6 hour mark at 1780 or so
      > >
      > > Matt
      > >

      > > greg_damian <greg_damian@> wrote:
      > > That is a little over 4 pullups a minute. That won't
      be
      > easy for 12
      > > hours straight. Good luck.
      > >
      > > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2649344
      > > >
      > > > I think I may be losing my mind a bit, but I am scheduled to
      > attempt
      > > > break this record on December 27th, 8AM-8PM 3,000 or bust!
      > > >
      > > > Matt
      > > >

      > > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from
      > what the average man is."

    • Matt Bogdanowicz
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 2, 2007
        Wow! Amazing!

        Matt

        stephen <haygem8@...> wrote:
        -

> [...]

        is
        > at that point will dictate if I have enough to claim the record.
        > > It is possible if needed to only do two pull ups a minute the
        > last 6 hours if one hits the 6 hour mark at 1780 or so
        > >
        > > Matt
        > >

        > > greg_damian <greg_damian@> wrote:
        > > That is a little over 4 pullups a minute. That won't
        be
        > easy for 12
        > > hours straight. Good luck.
        > >
        > > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2649344
        > > >
        > > > I think I may be losing my mind a bit, but I am scheduled to
        > attempt
        > > > break this record on December 27th, 8AM-8PM 3,000 or bust!
        > > >
        > > > Matt
        > > >

        > > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from

      • greg_damian
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 15, 2007
          Impressive for sure.

          wrote:

          > Wow! Amazing!
          >
          > Matt
          >
          > stephen <haygem8@...> wrote:
          > -
          >
          > hi done this last sunday 24.6.07
          > .http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html visit the
          > page
          >
          > I only did 8hours 3mins no breaks and this is the break
          > down
          >
          > existing 6 hour AWR 2456 new record 2968 I
          > reached the old record in 4hr.49mins appox
          >
          > I also set a new 8hour record for GWR 3733
          >
          > existing 12 hour AWR 3116 new record 3750 i reached
          > the old wr in 6hr.22mins appox
          >
          > existing 12 hour GWR 2222 new record 3750
          >
          > existing 24 hour AWR inaugural 3500 now 3750 time taken
          > 8hr.03 mins check out web page
          >
          > I could have done more but my hands was a tad sore plus all
          > the people
          > had enough and all wanted to have dinner, it would have taken
          > about 15 mins
          > to sort out the hands to carry on but as I always say leave
          > some in the tank
          > keep them guessing,i started fast because i wanted to push the
          > bar higher
          > for the 6hr and 8hr WR but i am certain if i had to do any one
          > of the above on it's own
          > i would be able to do a lot better,i will be attempting two
          > more WR this year and
          > in the way of a change one will not be chin ups,.
          > regards Steve when you reach your goal it is only a
          > starting point for the next!!!!!!!!! there is no next said the wife
          > and judges
          >

          > -- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "greg_damian" <greg_damian@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I think you need to check your math. It is more like 3.4 pullups
          > per
          > > minute for six hours to get 1220 pullups.
          > >
          > > This is definately an event where you have to trail on the bar
          you
          > > are going to do the event on. What is the biggest set you are
          > doing
          > > prior to the event?
          > >
          > > Greg
          > > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > The body can shut down at any time, but with record attempts of
          > > this length of time, injury becomes a factor. I know the first 6
          > > hours will be doable. How I feel at that point and what my total
          > is
          > > at that point will dictate if I have enough to claim the record.
          > > > It is possible if needed to only do two pull ups a minute the
          > > last 6 hours if one hits the 6 hour mark at 1780 or so
          > > >
          > > > Matt
          > > >

          > > > greg_damian <greg_damian@> wrote:
          > > > That is a little over 4 pullups a minute. That won't
          > be
          > > easy for 12
          > > > hours straight. Good luck.

          > > attempt

          > > > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from
          > > what the average man is."

        • Matt Bogdanowicz
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 16, 2007
            Too rich for my blood. I gave up on those attempts. I will stick to the 30 and 60 attempts this year and next and then retire

            Matt