12 hour Pull up WR

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2006
      www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2649344

      I think I may be losing my mind a bit, but I am scheduled to attempt to
      break this record on December 27th, 8AM-8PM 3,000 or bust!

      Matt
    • greg_damian
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 2, 2006
        That is a little over 4 pullups a minute. That won't be easy for 12
        hours straight. Good luck.

        --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@...> wrote:

        > www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2649344
        >
        > I think I may be losing my mind a bit, but I am scheduled to attempt
        > break this record on December 27th, 8AM-8PM 3,000 or bust!
        >
        > Matt

      • totallyazsports
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 2, 2006
          I want to see pictures!!!
          --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@...> wrote:

          > www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2649344
          >
          > I think I may be losing my mind a bit, but I am scheduled to attempt
          > break this record on December 27th, 8AM-8PM 3,000 or bust!
          >
          > Matt

        • Matt Bogdanowicz
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 4, 2006
            The body can shut down at any time, but with record attempts of this length of time, injury becomes a factor. I know the first 6 hours will be doable. How I feel at that point and what my total is at that point will dictate if I have enough to claim the record.
            It is possible if needed to only do two pull ups a minute the last 6 hours if one hits the 6 hour mark at 1780 or so

            Matt

            greg_damian <greg_damian@...> wrote:
            That is a little over 4 pullups a minute. That won't be easy for 12
            hours straight. Good luck.

            --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@...> wrote:

            > www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2649344
            >
            > I think I may be losing my mind a bit, but I am scheduled to attempt
            > break this record on December 27th, 8AM-8PM 3,000 or bust!
            >
            > Matt

            "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is."

          • greg_damian
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 5, 2006
              I think you need to check your math. It is more like 3.4 pullups per
              minute for six hours to get 1220 pullups.

              This is definately an event where you have to trail on the bar you
              are going to do the event on. What is the biggest set you are doing
              prior to the event?

              Greg
              --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@...>
              wrote:

              > The body can shut down at any time, but with record attempts of
              this length of time, injury becomes a factor. I know the first 6
              hours will be doable. How I feel at that point and what my total is
              at that point will dictate if I have enough to claim the record.
              > It is possible if needed to only do two pull ups a minute the
              last 6 hours if one hits the 6 hour mark at 1780 or so

              > Matt
              >

              > greg_damian <greg_damian@...> wrote:
              > That is a little over 4 pullups a minute. That won't be
              easy for 12
              > hours straight. Good luck.
              >
              > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@> wrote:
              > >
              > > www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2649344
              > >
              > > I think I may be losing my mind a bit, but I am scheduled to
              attempt
              > > break this record on December 27th, 8AM-8PM 3,000 or bust!
              > >
              > > Matt
              > >

              > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from
              what the average man is."

            • Takis Hohlfeld
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 5, 2006
                hello strends,
                my private record for pull up was 876 reps in 1hour last year!
                maybe I try after your session a record for 12 hour.

                have a strend day
                -------- Original-Nachricht --------
                Datum: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:36:06 -0000
                Von: "greg_damian" <greg_damian@...>
                An: STREND@yahoogroups.com
                Betreff: [STREND] Re: 12 hour Pull up WR

                > I think you need to check your math. It is more like 3.4 pullups per
                > minute for six hours to get 1220 pullups.
                >
                > This is definately an event where you have to trail on the bar you
                > are going to do the event on. What is the biggest set you are doing
                > prior to the event?
                >
                > Greg
                > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > The body can shut down at any time, but with record attempts of
                > this length of time, injury becomes a factor. I know the first 6
                > hours will be doable. How I feel at that point and what my total is
                > at that point will dictate if I have enough to claim the record.
                > > It is possible if needed to only do two pull ups a minute the
                > last 6 hours if one hits the 6 hour mark at 1780 or so
                > >
                > > Matt
                > >

                > > greg_damian <greg_damian@...> wrote:
                > > That is a little over 4 pullups a minute. That won't be
                > easy for 12
                > > hours straight. Good luck.
                > >
                > > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2649344
                > > >
                > > > I think I may be losing my mind a bit, but I am scheduled to
                > attempt
                > > > break this record on December 27th, 8AM-8PM 3,000 or bust!
                > > >
                > > > Matt
                > > >

                > > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from
                > what the average man is."

              • Matt Bogdanowicz
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 5, 2006
                  Right- so 2 pull ups a minute for the last 6 hours is 720 pull ups
                  If I made it to 1780 in the first 6 hours then I would have a total of 2,500
                  The actual record is 2406, not 2446

                  A week prior I will do 500 pull ups in practice

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 5, 2006
                    Takis,

                    If anyone can do it you can! I would suggest crushing the one hour World Record first and see how it goes. Remember to use good form, full lockout and chin above the bar. It requires paperwork and witnesses. I bet you can get close to 900!

                    http://www.alternativerecords.co.uk/

                    Matt

                    Datum: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 12:36:06 -0000
                    Von: "greg_damian" <greg_damian@...>
                    An: STREND@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 12, 2006
                      I wish good luck, and I hope you make a video, that we can see, how is the
                      correct form.
                      Next year I will tray that, because now I have some problem with my sholder, but I think its a lot of fun
                      Bye Takis
                      -------- Original-Nachricht --------
                      Datum: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:58:12 -0800 (PST)
                      Von: Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@...>
                      An: STREND@yahoogroups.com
                      Betreff: Re: [STREND] Re: 12 hour Pull up WR

                      > Right- so 2 pull ups a minute for the last 6 hours is 720 pull ups
                      > If I made it to 1780 in the first 6 hours then I would have a total of
                      > 2,500
                      > The actual record is 2406, not 2446
                      >
                      > A week prior I will do 500 pull ups in practice
                      >

                      > Matt
                      >

                      > greg_damian <greg_damian@...> wrote:
                      > I think you need to check your math. It is more like 3.4 pullups
                      > per
                      > minute for six hours to get 1220 pullups.
                      >
                      > This is definately an event where you have to trail on the bar you
                      > are going to do the event on. What is the biggest set you are doing
                      > prior to the event?
                      >
                      > Greg
                      > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > The body can shut down at any time, but with record attempts of
                      > this length of time, injury becomes a factor. I know the first 6
                      > hours will be doable. How I feel at that point and what my total is
                      > at that point will dictate if I have enough to claim the record.
                      > > It is possible if needed to only do two pull ups a minute the
                      > last 6 hours if one hits the 6 hour mark at 1780 or so
                      > >
                      > > Matt
                      > >

                      > > greg_damian <greg_damian@...> wrote:
                      > > That is a little over 4 pullups a minute. That won't be
                      > easy for 12
                      > > hours straight. Good luck.
                      > >
                      > > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2649344
                      > > >
                      > > > I think I may be losing my mind a bit, but I am scheduled to
                      > attempt
                      > > > break this record on December 27th, 8AM-8PM 3,000 or bust!
                      > > >
                      > > > Matt
                      > > >

                      > > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from
                      > what the average man is."

                      > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the
                      > average man is."

                    • greg_damian
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 1, 2007
                        Hey Matt, HNY!

                        How did the 12 hour event go?

                        Cheers and here is to a great 2007.
                      • stephen
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 2 10:17 AM
                          -

                          hi done this last sunday 24.6.07
                          .http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html visit the
                          page

                          I only did 8hours 3mins no breaks and this is the break
                          down

                          existing 6 hour AWR 2456 new record 2968 I
                          reached the old record in 4hr.49mins appox

                          I also set a new 8hour record for GWR 3733

                          existing 12 hour AWR 3116 new record 3750 i reached
                          the old wr in 6hr.22mins appox

                          existing 12 hour GWR 2222 new record 3750

                          existing 24 hour AWR inaugural 3500 now 3750 time taken
                          8hr.03 mins check out web page

                          I could have done more but my hands was a tad sore plus all
                          the people
                          had enough and all wanted to have dinner, it would have taken
                          about 15 mins
                          to sort out the hands to carry on but as I always say leave
                          some in the tank
                          keep them guessing,i started fast because i wanted to push the
                          bar higher
                          for the 6hr and 8hr WR but i am certain if i had to do any one
                          of the above on it's own
                          i would be able to do a lot better,i will be attempting two
                          more WR this year and
                          in the way of a change one will not be chin ups,.
                          regards Steve when you reach your goal it is only a
                          starting point for the next!!!!!!!!! there is no next said the wife
                          and judges

                          -- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "greg_damian" <greg_damian@...> wrote:

                          > I think you need to check your math. It is more like 3.4 pullups
                          per
                          > minute for six hours to get 1220 pullups.
                          >
                          > This is definately an event where you have to trail on the bar you
                          > are going to do the event on. What is the biggest set you are
                          doing
                          > prior to the event?
                          >
                          > Greg
                          > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > The body can shut down at any time, but with record attempts of
                          > this length of time, injury becomes a factor. I know the first 6
                          > hours will be doable. How I feel at that point and what my total
                          is
                          > at that point will dictate if I have enough to claim the record.
                          > > It is possible if needed to only do two pull ups a minute the
                          > last 6 hours if one hits the 6 hour mark at 1780 or so
                          > >
                          > > Matt
                          > >

                          > > greg_damian <greg_damian@> wrote:
                          > > That is a little over 4 pullups a minute. That won't
                          be
                          > easy for 12
                          > > hours straight. Good luck.
                          > >
                          > > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2649344
                          > > >
                          > > > I think I may be losing my mind a bit, but I am scheduled to
                          > attempt
                          > > > break this record on December 27th, 8AM-8PM 3,000 or bust!
                          > > >
                          > > > Matt
                          > > >

                          > > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from
                          > what the average man is."

                        • Matt Bogdanowicz
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 2 11:38 AM
                            Wow! Amazing!

                            Matt

                            stephen <haygem8@...> wrote:
                            -

> [...]

                            is
                            > at that point will dictate if I have enough to claim the record.
                            > > It is possible if needed to only do two pull ups a minute the
                            > last 6 hours if one hits the 6 hour mark at 1780 or so
                            > >
                            > > Matt
                            > >

                            > > greg_damian <greg_damian@> wrote:
                            > > That is a little over 4 pullups a minute. That won't
                            be
                            > easy for 12
                            > > hours straight. Good luck.
                            > >
                            > > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <skate_94538@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > www.abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2649344
                            > > >
                            > > > I think I may be losing my mind a bit, but I am scheduled to
                            > attempt
                            > > > break this record on December 27th, 8AM-8PM 3,000 or bust!
                            > > >
                            > > > Matt
                            > > >

                            > > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from

                          • greg_damian
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 15 12:32 PM
                              Impressive for sure.

                              wrote:

                              > Wow! Amazing!
                              >
                              > Matt
                              >
                              > stephen <haygem8@...> wrote:
                              > -
                              >
                              > hi done this last sunday 24.6.07
                              > .http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/chinups.html visit the
                              > page
                              >
                              > I only did 8hours 3mins no breaks and this is the break
                              > down
                              >
                              > existing 6 hour AWR 2456 new record 2968 I
                              > reached the old record in 4hr.49mins appox
                              >
                              > I also set a new 8hour record for GWR 3733
                              >
                              > existing 12 hour AWR 3116 new record 3750 i reached
                              > the old wr in 6hr.22mins appox
                              >
                              > existing 12 hour GWR 2222 new record 3750
                              >
                              > existing 24 hour AWR inaugural 3500 now 3750 time taken
                              > 8hr.03 mins check out web page
                              >
                              > I could have done more but my hands was a tad sore plus all
                              > the people
                              > had enough and all wanted to have dinner, it would have taken
                              > about 15 mins
                              > to sort out the hands to carry on but as I always say leave
                              > some in the tank
                              > keep them guessing,i started fast because i wanted to push the
                              > bar higher
                              > for the 6hr and 8hr WR but i am certain if i had to do any one
                              > of the above on it's own
                              > i would be able to do a lot better,i will be attempting two
                              > more WR this year and
                              > in the way of a change one will not be chin ups,.
                              > regards Steve when you reach your goal it is only a
                              > starting point for the next!!!!!!!!! there is no next said the wife
                              > and judges
                              >

                              > -- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "greg_damian" <greg_damian@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > I think you need to check your math. It is more like 3.4 pullups
                              > per
                              > > minute for six hours to get 1220 pullups.
                              > >
                              > > This is definately an event where you have to trail on the bar
                              you
                              > > are going to do the event on. What is the biggest set you are
                              > doing
                              > > prior to the event?
                              > >
                              > > Greg
                              > > --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@>
                              > > wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > The body can shut down at any time, but with record attempts of
                              > > this length of time, injury becomes a factor. I know the first 6
                              > > hours will be doable. How I feel at that point and what my total
                              > is
                              > > at that point will dictate if I have enough to claim the record.
                              > > > It is possible if needed to only do two pull ups a minute the
                              > > last 6 hours if one hits the 6 hour mark at 1780 or so
                              > > >
                              > > > Matt
                              > > >

                              > > > greg_damian <greg_damian@> wrote:
                              > > > That is a little over 4 pullups a minute. That won't
                              > be
                              > > easy for 12
                              > > > hours straight. Good luck.

                              > > attempt

                              > > > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from
                              > > what the average man is."

                            • Matt Bogdanowicz
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 16 6:59 PM
                                Too rich for my blood. I gave up on those attempts. I will stick to the 30 and 60 attempts this year and next and then retire