STREND trial

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 9, 2006
      Ouch! that hurt
      I haven't run through one of those in a while now.

      Bodyweight: 139
      Bench: 33
      Pull ups: 33
      Shoulder Press: 30
      Chins: 26
      Dips: 40
      Total: 162

      I better start training now for May 13th

      All I really need is about 18 more reps
      35, 35, 32-33, 27-28, 50 would be a good goal
      The run will take care of itself, but it would be possible to run
      17:30 on the perfect day

      Matt
    • JOHN CARMONY
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 9, 2006
        Hey Matt,

        You are getting old!

        JC

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 10, 2006
          I know, I am starting to feel age 38 creeping up next month. Well lets see how my running is, I am in a 5K on the 18th, I will email the group with my result

          Matt

          JOHN CARMONY <jcar75@...> wrote:
          Hey Matt,

          You are getting old!

          JC

          I haven't run through one of those in a while now.

          Bodyweight: 139
          Bench: 33
          Pull ups: 33
          Shoulder Press: 30
          Chins: 26
          Dips: 40
          Total: 162

          I better start training now for May 13th

          All I really need is about 18 more reps
          35, 35, 32-33, 27-28, 50 would be a good goal
          The run will take care of itself, but it would be possible to run
          17:30 on the perfect day

          "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is."

        • greg_damian
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 11, 2006
            160 is a pretty good base to be working from. You are pretty lean as
            well. I have been lifting for a couple of months. During my
            chest/back workout I do weighted pulls and chins and then do a max
            set without weights. This week I did 33 pulls and 25 chins. Almost
            exactly your counts! You have me on the run though. I did a 10K last
            weekend (Littleton Stride) and only ran 41:15. It was hilly, though.

            I'll mark my calendar for May.

            --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@...>
            wrote:

            > I know, I am starting to feel age 38 creeping up next month. Well
            lets see how my running is, I am in a 5K on the 18th, I will email
            the group with my result

            > Matt
            >
            > JOHN CARMONY <jcar75@...> wrote:
            > Hey Matt,
            >
            > You are getting old!
            >
            > JC

          • Matt Bogdanowicz
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 16, 2006
              Hilly 10K Wow you do like punishment
              I really don't want my weight above 140 any more, but it may be a struggle to keep it there.

              May should give us all a little something to train for

              Matt

              wrote:

              > I know, I am starting to feel age 38 creeping up next month. Well
              lets see how my running is, I am in a 5K on the 18th, I will email
              the group with my result

              > Matt
              >
              > JOHN CARMONY <jcar75@...> wrote:
              > Hey Matt,
              >
              > You are getting old!
              >
              > JC

            • stephen wilber
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 16, 2006
                Well guys, I dont see how you keep your weight on when you run and do strends so often..I quit doing strend workouts for the last 8 months. I was losing weight too fast..I now do mostly olympic lifting and 2 days do the basic bench, pullups, dips etc.. but just to maintain. I have finally gained some weight and up to about 164,,,I was 156!!! how many months do you guys need to get back into strend shape? this is new to me. first time to do strend workouts and then stop..I am wondering how long it will take to get back to that type of strend shape?
                steve

                Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@...> wrote: Hilly 10K Wow you do like punishment

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 17, 2006
                  I did not lose a whole lot, but my power has declined. I can be STREND ready in as little as 8 weeks.

                  Matt