My Intro

  • j j
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 20, 2006
      Hi, All. My name is Emilio Nadal and I'm a new member
      of your STREND group. I'm currently living in
      Maryland. I was introduced to STREND via an
      advertisement back in 1997 when I was stationed in
      Kaneohe Bay, HI. Without any training, I came out
      that Saturday and competed in the STREND challenge
      (3rd Annual MCBH). In 1999, I competed once again and
      performed a little better in the 4th Annual Tropic
      Lightning. Due to deployments and operational
      commitments those were the only competitions I
      entered. I lost touch of STREND when I was stationed
      in Washington DC in 2000.

      I'm now ready to participate in any events - i'm
      willing to travel anywhere. If any of you has any info
      on upcoming competitions, please let me know. Thanks
      and Have a nice weekend!

      Emilio

      p.s. I was navigating the STREND website and I
      noticed the "Elite" division no longer exist. I
      remember that was the best workout because you do more
      than your body weight in the upper body disciplines.
      Is the "Elite" division gone for good?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • stephen wilber
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 20, 2006
        Hi Emilio..where in md do you live? I myself have beeen working out for strend..it would be good to meet someone to workout with,,,gets boring doing these crazy tests alone.
        steve

        j j <semperfidelis_sly@...> wrote: Hi, All. My name is Emilio Nadal and I'm a new member
[...]

      • greg_damian
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 22, 2006
          Sadly, STREND has not been very active the last couple of years.
          Several different factors for this. In terms of putting on an event
          it is equipment intensive, requires a lot of volunteers and is not
          economically attractive. Perhaps we can all pitch in and help the
          guys in California put on an event in 2007.

          Greg

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 23, 2006
            What's going on, Steve? I live in Silver Spring area.
            You?

            --- stephen wilber <stevie720@...> wrote:

            > Hi Emilio..where in md do you live? I myself have
            > beeen working out for strend..it would be good to
            > meet someone to workout with,,,gets boring doing
            > these crazy tests alone.
            > steve
            >
            > j j <semperfidelis_sly@...> wrote:
            > Hi, All. My name is Emilio
            > Nadal and I'm a new member
            > of your STREND group. I'm currently living in
            > Maryland. I was introduced to STREND via an
            > advertisement back in 1997 when I was stationed in
            > Kaneohe Bay, HI. Without any training, I came out
            > that Saturday and competed in the STREND challenge
            > (3rd Annual MCBH). In 1999, I competed once again
            > and
            > performed a little better in the 4th Annual Tropic
            > Lightning. Due to deployments and operational
            > commitments those were the only competitions I
            > entered. I lost touch of STREND when I was
            > stationed
            > in Washington DC in 2000.
            >
            > I'm now ready to participate in any events - i'm
            > willing to travel anywhere. If any of you has any
            > info
            > on upcoming competitions, please let me know.
            > Thanks
            > and Have a nice weekend!
            >
            > Emilio
            >
            > p.s. I was navigating the STREND website and I
            > noticed the "Elite" division no longer exist. I
            > remember that was the best workout because you do
            > more
            > than your body weight in the upper body
            > disciplines.
            > Is the "Elite" division gone for good?

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            > removed]

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Matt Bogdanowicz
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 24, 2006
              I will take a look at the T & F calender. Perhaps we can put one together Mid May 07
              Set aside some $$$ for the top athletes. about $1,000 for the men top three places and a Masters Division winner 45 and over
              and can't forget the women, but that would be based on participation.

              Matt

              j j <semperfidelis_sly@...> wrote:
[...]

              "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is."

            • greg_damian
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 27, 2006
                $$$ for winners? We might really get more people than we can handle.
                (And they'll find out how hard this is!)

                -- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Matt Bogdanowicz <skate_94538@...>
                wrote:

                > I will take a look at the T & F calender. Perhaps we can put one
                together Mid May 07
                > Set aside some $$$ for the top athletes. about $1,000 for the
                men top three places and a Masters Division winner 45 and over
                > and can't forget the women, but that would be based on
                participation.

                > Matt
                >

                > j j <semperfidelis_sly@...> wrote:
                > Hi, All. My name is Emilio Nadal and I'm a new member
                > of your STREND group. I'm currently living in
                > Maryland. I was introduced to STREND via an
                > advertisement back in 1997 when I was stationed in
                > Kaneohe Bay, HI. Without any training, I came out
                > that Saturday and competed in the STREND challenge
                > (3rd Annual MCBH). In 1999, I competed once again and
                > performed a little better in the 4th Annual Tropic
                > Lightning. Due to deployments and operational
                > commitments those were the only competitions I
                > entered. I lost touch of STREND when I was stationed
                > in Washington DC in 2000.
                >
                > I'm now ready to participate in any events - i'm
                > willing to travel anywhere. If any of you has any info
                > on upcoming competitions, please let me know. Thanks
                > and Have a nice weekend!
                >
                > Emilio
                >
                > p.s. I was navigating the STREND website and I
                > noticed the "Elite" division no longer exist. I
                > remember that was the best workout because you do more
                > than your body weight in the upper body disciplines.
                > Is the "Elite" division gone for good?

                > http://mail.yahoo.com
                >

                > "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from
                what the average man is."

              • Matt Bogdanowicz
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 31, 2006
                  Oh no. We will limit the amount of entries and cap it at like 32 competitors or something. Entries limited, or space limited will be on the link and there will be some specific details for first time competitors to consider before registering
                  For Example: Please attempt the STREND under strict as possible conditions using good form. Open men you should be able to score at least 60 reps before reg.
                  Or something to that effect.

                  Matt