Re: Sunday April 30th World record attempts Matt & Greg

  • greg_damian
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2006
      Hi,

      Matt had an awesome day. He had an exciting finish just beating the
      30 minute mark with 420 pulls! Pretty amazing to watch.

      As for me, it was not my day. I ended my attempt at 40 minutes with
      380 pullups. I think Matt and I would both agree that you really
      need to train on the bar that you are going to do the attempt on. I
      had only trained a little bit on a straight bar and when you are
      doing that many pullups it really makes a difference.

      Anyway congratulations go out to Matt and his performance.

      --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, Derick Hammonds <ownquest125@...>
      wrote:

      > Matt <skate_94538@...> wrote: FYI
      > We will post up some numbers to the group site on Sunday during
      the
      > middle of the comp.
      > Greg is flying out today and we have decided to go after the 30
      minute
      > World Record and the one hour record.
      > Either of us could have taken the 30 or the 60 record, but we
      decided
      > that Greg would attack the one hour and I will go after the 30
      minute
      > record.
      > A local TV station will be on hand www.tv30.org
      > along with several volunteers and witnesses including two local
      > newspapers.
      >
      > I hope to achieve as many as 455 and Greg may be way up there for
      the
      > 60 minute record, 750,760, 790 who knows, but very exciting. I
      will go
      > first and then Greg. This is easier for us for a couple of
      reasons,
      > bringing in another bar and having extra cameras and volunteers
      needed
      > to watch both events simultaneously was a bit of a task
      > and if one of us went from 11-12 and then one from 12-1PM, it
      would not
      > be quite fair and also it would make for even a longer day. So we
      > decided to make it fun by setting multiple records.
      >
      > I will have to wait until the track season is over before I think
      about
      > attempting a one hour record it just takes to much out of me, and
      sets
      > me back for my mid distance training. Actually I have a race at
      Kezar
      > stadium the day prior (saturday) in S.F.
      >
      > Wish us luck!
      >

      > Community email addresses:
      > Post message: STREND@...
      > Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...
      >
      > List Homepage:
      >
      > To go to the STREND Website:
      > http://www.strend.com

      Service.

      > HELLO MATT IT'S DERICK I ALWAYS SEE ON THIS SITE JUST WANTED TO
      SAY AND KEEP IN TOUCH.
      > DERICK
      >

      > ---------------------------------

    • Matt Bogdanowicz
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2006
        Thanks Greg, and a valiant effort by yourself as well, it is not easy, mentally, physically or spiritually to attempt these type of things, and yes the bar was very unforgiving, I learned a lesson I will not soon forget.
        The bar I use at home is sightly bigger in diameter, this bar was thin and after ten minutes I felt the skin tearing away. The bar also had a bracket where my normal 28" grip would go, so I had to go out wide to at least 29" or back in to about 26 1/2 " and it was exhausting. Not only that it was not bolted down and it rattled- sucking energy out of you, to where a set of 8 felt like a set of 9.
        You don't give Bonds a different size bat on game day that he is normally use to hitting with, and you don't give Tiger woods someone elses clubs at the last second, it just does not work, I was exhausted and the effort I put in was worth about 460 at home, I am glad it is over... for now.
        We will get this thing Greg, back to the drawing board for now.

        Matt

        wrote:

        > Matt <skate_94538@...> wrote: FYI
        > We will post up some numbers to the group site on Sunday during
        the
        > middle of the comp.
        > Greg is flying out today and we have decided to go after the 30
        minute
        > World Record and the one hour record.
        > Either of us could have taken the 30 or the 60 record, but we
        decided
        > that Greg would attack the one hour and I will go after the 30
        minute
        > record.
        > A local TV station will be on hand www.tv30.org
        > along with several volunteers and witnesses including two local
        > newspapers.
        >
        > I hope to achieve as many as 455 and Greg may be way up there for
        the
        > 60 minute record, 750,760, 790 who knows, but very exciting. I
        will go
        > first and then Greg. This is easier for us for a couple of
        reasons,
        > bringing in another bar and having extra cameras and volunteers
        needed
        > to watch both events simultaneously was a bit of a task
        > and if one of us went from 11-12 and then one from 12-1PM, it
        would not
        > be quite fair and also it would make for even a longer day. So we
        > decided to make it fun by setting multiple records.
        >
        > I will have to wait until the track season is over before I think
        about
        > attempting a one hour record it just takes to much out of me, and
        sets
        > me back for my mid distance training. Actually I have a race at
        Kezar
        > stadium the day prior (saturday) in S.F.
        >
        > Wish us luck!
        >

        > Community email addresses:
        > Post message: STREND@...
        > Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...
        >
        > List Homepage:
        >
        > To go to the STREND Website:
        > http://www.strend.com

        Service.

        > HELLO MATT IT'S DERICK I ALWAYS SEE ON THIS SITE JUST WANTED TO
        SAY AND KEEP IN TOUCH.
        > DERICK
        >

        > ---------------------------------

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: STREND@...
        Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...

        List Homepage:

        To go to the STREND Website:
        http://www.strend.com

        Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport fishing Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports nutrition diet

        ---------------------------------

        "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is."

      • Carol Jaxon
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2006
          Congratulations to both of you. Pretty amazing regardless of whether
          you achieved a new world record or not!

          Ed & Carol

          wrote:

          > Matt <skate_94538@...> wrote: FYI
          > We will post up some numbers to the group site on Sunday during
          the
          > middle of the comp.
          > Greg is flying out today and we have decided to go after the 30
          minute
          > World Record and the one hour record.
          > Either of us could have taken the 30 or the 60 record, but we
          decided
          > that Greg would attack the one hour and I will go after the 30
          minute
          > record.
          > A local TV station will be on hand www.tv30.org
          > along with several volunteers and witnesses including two local
          > newspapers.
          >
          > I hope to achieve as many as 455 and Greg may be way up there for
          the
          > 60 minute record, 750,760, 790 who knows, but very exciting. I
          will go
          > first and then Greg. This is easier for us for a couple of
          reasons,
          > bringing in another bar and having extra cameras and volunteers
          needed
          > to watch both events simultaneously was a bit of a task
          > and if one of us went from 11-12 and then one from 12-1PM, it
          would not
          > be quite fair and also it would make for even a longer day. So we
          > decided to make it fun by setting multiple records.
          >
          > I will have to wait until the track season is over before I think
          about
          > attempting a one hour record it just takes to much out of me, and
          sets
          > me back for my mid distance training. Actually I have a race at
          Kezar
          > stadium the day prior (saturday) in S.F.
          >
          > Wish us luck!
          >

          > Community email addresses:
          > Post message: STREND@...
          > Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...
          >
          > List Homepage:
          >
          > To go to the STREND Website:
          > http://www.strend.com

          Service.

          > HELLO MATT IT'S DERICK I ALWAYS SEE ON THIS SITE JUST WANTED TO
          SAY AND KEEP IN TOUCH.
          > DERICK
          >

          > ---------------------------------

          Community email addresses:
          Post message: STREND@...
          Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...

          List Homepage:

          To go to the STREND Website:
          http://www.strend.com

          Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport
          fishing Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports
          nutrition diet

          Service.

          ---------------------------------

          "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what
          the average man is."

          Community email addresses:
          Post message: STREND@...
          Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...

          List Homepage:

          To go to the STREND Website:
          http://www.strend.com

          Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport fishing
          Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports nutrition diet

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "STREND" on the web.