PUMP and run OHIO

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2006
      Just got back. Real tired. The traveling was a bit wearing, anyway
      got to the event about 7:30am and weighed in, folks were saying the
      scales were a couple pounds heavy, but you always here that, I was
      starving I had tried to shed a few pounds over the last few days and
      felt a bit weak. They weigh you in with shorts and shoes, and I was
      elated to see about 141.5 which means I would be benching 140!

      I quicky got some food in me: raisins,bananna, yogurt, gatorade,
      protein bar and tried to rest up for an hour. Since you have until
      about 9AM to finish the bench portion I waited until 8:30ish. A few
      easy pushups and off I went. When I started pressing I knew I was
      good, I had been worried about my weakened condition, but quickly
      blasted to 25 before slowing down and methodically repping out 5
      more, just for good measure I did 3 more, (33) and certainly could
      have went to 38 if I needed, but again they cut you off at 30 and
      you only get the 15 minute bonus.

      Then we had to wait another 2 hours before the run, plus some
      actually as Arnold was fashionably late. I was tired, sleepy
      tired, but tried to get myself in a running mood. 600 or so of us
      toed the line in chilly 35-36 degree weather and maybe a 4mph breeze
      which you had to run against slightly uphill the second mile, at
      least the sun was shinning. The course was not that flat, and the
      first mile was certainly the fastest a bity downhill after a 1/4
      mile climb. Three guys separated themselves from me after the mile
      and I was on my own, nobody passed me, and going up another tough
      hill before the 2 mile I heard 10:45. Maybe with a half mile to go
      another uphill and I was 29+ seconds back.(according to a
      bystander) All I had to do was keep the big guys behind me and stay
      within a minute of the leaders. I think 16:22 was the winning time
      by a guy who did maybe 23 reps at 165 he is currently training for
      the Sacramento Marathon in October.

      Anyway I sprinted around the corner and lifted my knees the last .1
      to the finish in 16:59 unless they round up a second to 17:00 I felt
      pretty good actually and was a little mad I did not push more the
      third mile.

      So basically I won.

      It is crazy that they dont have awards or results (the director told
      me they would post them up in 24 hours)
      The only way I could have lost is if the one other runner did 29
      reps, I highly doubt it, and the third place guy was as skinny as a
      rail, I doubt he even did 8 reps. I was fourth overall in the run.
      I was tired to be sure, on a good day I had another 15 seconds in
      me, but nobody to run with made it tough along with the air temp.

      The awards are mailed out about a week later to the top 5.
      I went over to the expo and found the Marine booth where they were
      doing the Pull up contest, as exhausted as I was, I jumped up for a
      quick set of 40 to post the top score of the day and win a few
      little prizes.

      going to sleep now for a few hours and then off to see the town.

      Matt
    • pepgrad2000@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5, 2006
        Sounds like a good event. Good job. Is this in event in Ohio only or are
        there others around, like so cal area? Let me know
        George

      • H Davies
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2006
          Great effort matt,

          I remember reading about that event a while ago and seemed good fun. Well done on the win.

          Wish we had the same over here, but it would be crap

          Matt <skate_94538@...> wrote:
[...]

          Community email addresses:
          Post message: STREND@...
          Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...

          List Homepage:

          To go to the STREND Website:
          http://www.strend.com

          Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport fishing Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports nutrition diet

          ---------------------------------

        • Matt
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
            Thanks Hywel,
            No coubt you would do extremely well. But the should allow more
            reps. I may be headed your way this summer hopefully I can jump in a
            cross training event.

            http://www.runseattle.com/runohio/PnR-06/index.htm
            I am in there somewhere 25 or 26 slides to the right #426
            http://www.runohio.com/results/searchable.html

            Matt

            --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, H Davies <hdavies25@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > I was tired to be sure, on a good day I had another 15 seconds in
            > me, but nobody to run with made it tough along with the air temp.
            >
            > The awards are mailed out about a week later to the top 5.
            > I went over to the expo and found the Marine booth where they were
            > doing the Pull up contest, as exhausted as I was, I jumped up for
            > quick set of 40 to post the top score of the day and win a few
            > little prizes.
            >
            > going to sleep now for a few hours and then off to see the town.
            >
            > Matt
            >

            > Community email addresses:
            > Post message: STREND@...
            > Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...
            >
            > List Homepage:
            >
            > To go to the STREND Website:
            > http://www.strend.com

            > Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport
            fishing Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------

          • H Davies
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2006
              If you do Matt then let me know as i will try and meet up.

              I have temporarily retired from the scene as there was no competition, but now cycling and competing for a Triathlon Team, Planet X. This will involve Ironman Austria and in training solely for that i am losing weight, gaining speed and power and getting very quick on the bike.

              Maxed out treadmill out for 5k tonight, 20kmh and having a go at the current 50k world record in a few weeks, will need to run at 16kmh for over 3 hours.

              Love your work Matt, keep it up.

              Matt <skate_94538@...> wrote:
> [...]

              > I was tired to be sure, on a good day I had another 15 seconds in
              > me, but nobody to run with made it tough along with the air temp.
              >
              > The awards are mailed out about a week later to the top 5.
              > I went over to the expo and found the Marine booth where they were
              > doing the Pull up contest, as exhausted as I was, I jumped up for
              > quick set of 40 to post the top score of the day and win a few
              > little prizes.
              >
              > going to sleep now for a few hours and then off to see the town.
              >
              > Matt
              >

              > Community email addresses:
              > Post message: STREND@...
              > Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...
              >
              > List Homepage:
              >
              > To go to the STREND Website:
              > http://www.strend.com

              > Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport
              fishing Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports

              List Homepage:

              To go to the STREND Website:
              http://www.strend.com

              Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport fishing Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports nutrition diet

              ---------------------------------

            • Matt Bogdanowicz
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 10, 2006
                Will do. It is good to take a break and get back to what you love doing, for me it is running track. I know what you mean with the competition are few and far between, it is too bad for guys like us. We should contact Mark Burnett and have him help us put a few comps together on world wide TV and do this thing right!

                Smoking 5k time, Good luck with the record, I am sure you will get it

                Matt

                Matt <skate_94538@...> wrote:
> [...]

                > I was tired to be sure, on a good day I had another 15 seconds in
                > me, but nobody to run with made it tough along with the air temp.
                >
                > The awards are mailed out about a week later to the top 5.
                > I went over to the expo and found the Marine booth where they were
                > doing the Pull up contest, as exhausted as I was, I jumped up for
                > quick set of 40 to post the top score of the day and win a few
                > little prizes.
                >
                > going to sleep now for a few hours and then off to see the town.
                >
                > Matt
                >

                > Community email addresses:
                > Post message: STREND@...
                > Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...
                >
                > List Homepage:
                >
                > To go to the STREND Website:
                > http://www.strend.com

                > Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport
                fishing Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports

                List Homepage:

                To go to the STREND Website:
                http://www.strend.com

                Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport fishing Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports nutrition diet

                ---------------------------------

                Community email addresses:
                Post message: STREND@...
                Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...

                List Homepage:

                To go to the STREND Website:
                http://www.strend.com

                Sport nutrition Sports nutrition supplement Sport fishing Extreme sports Sports nutrition products Sports nutrition diet

                "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is."

              • stephen
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 21, 2006
                  hi Hywel are you doing your 50k run at the net-fit this weekend,
                  if so, will it be sat or sunday and what time , if yes i will
                  come down,i could do some pace running for you,as it local for me.

                  regards steve