Re: new GWR

  • greg_damian
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 9:10 AM
      Steve, 670 is impressive. Congratulations.

      Greg

      --- In STREND@yahoogroups.com, "stephen" <haygem8@y...> wrote:

      > hi matt and greg ,site has been quiet for a while, here is some
      > news,the message below is my latest post on the box-fit site you
      may
      > or may not have read it,
      > it has aroused some debate about the post on your web site
      (strend)
      > but in the main the interest is good humoured ,as I said in the
      > post ,I needed you
      > guys to give me a push ,the reason I didn't mention the attempt
      > before,is until I receive verbal or written conformation from GWR
      > it's not worth it ,as you
      > know matt,the are a few individuals out there that get a great
      deal
      > of glee out of others misfortune,but they don't have the bottle
      > have ago themselves
      > if you do check out the site you will see we are having a go at
      the
      > 24 hour GWR treadmill run this coming weekend 4.2.06 I will let
      you
      > know how we get on.
      >
      > http://www.boxfit-luton.co.uk/oycvdqme5389/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?
      > board=news;action=display;num=1109703028;start=15#15
      >
      > hi just keeping you up to date with my latest W.R. my hour record
      > was beaten by an American at about the time I did the 610 in
      Belfast
      > the chap in question emailed me weeks before asking me how I
      trained
      > etc my first reply was who are you and why do you want to know,
      now
      > if he had come back
      > and said I am the guy that is going to take your record I would
      > have admired his front,but no just said he wanted to improve etc,
      > well he's a
      > fast learner he did 644 ,didn't he do well , didn't find out for
      > while but when I did I arranged to do an attempt straight away so
      on
      > the 21.12 05 I did 670 and this
      > has been accepted by the G.W.R and I have the certificate on my
      > wall,I must thank the guy for giving me the incentive to push
      myself
      > a little harder ,. there are a few of these Americans trying for
      > this record check out the link it makes interesting reading

      > read the link you will understand this section better, i will be
      the
      > first to reach or break the 700 barrier for the most chins ups in
      > one hour,all i would like is, anyone who reads this message to
      > pledge a donation to the sweet william appeal if i break the
      record
      > re above,you can contact david coard dave@b...
      > myself at haygem8@y... with any pledges.till I see you all at
      > F.F on the 4th feb happy new year to you all.
      >

      > regards Steve .BT quote of the day HUMILITY IS TO MAKE A
      > RIGHT ESTIMATE OF ONE'S SELF.

    • Matt Bogdanowicz
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 9:54 AM
        Congratulations!

        670 what was your half way split? 380, 400?

        I am getting a bit antsy and will problably do a 30 minute time trial on Feb. 20th. I will let you know how it goes.

        So the question is how long before someone does 800?

        Matt

        stephen <haygem8@...> wrote:
        hi matt and greg ,site has been quiet for a while, here is some
        news,the message below is my latest post on the box-fit site you may
        or may not have read it,
        it has aroused some debate about the post on your web site (strend)
        but in the main the interest is good humoured ,as I said in the
        post ,I needed you
        guys to give me a push ,the reason I didn't mention the attempt
        before,is until I receive verbal or written conformation from GWR
        it's not worth it ,as you
        know matt,the are a few individuals out there that get a great deal
        of glee out of others misfortune,but they don't have the bottle to
        have ago themselves
        if you do check out the site you will see we are having a go at the
        24 hour GWR treadmill run this coming weekend 4.2.06 I will let you
        know how we get on.

        http://www.boxfit-luton.co.uk/oycvdqme5389/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?
        board=news;action=display;num=1109703028;start=15#15

        hi just keeping you up to date with my latest W.R. my hour record
        was beaten by an American at about the time I did the 610 in Belfast
        the chap in question emailed me weeks before asking me how I trained
        etc my first reply was who are you and why do you want to know, now
        if he had come back
        and said I am the guy that is going to take your record I would
        have admired his front,but no just said he wanted to improve etc,
        well he's a
        fast learner he did 644 ,didn't he do well , didn't find out for a

        myself at haygem8@... with any pledges.till I see you all at
        F.F on the 4th feb happy new year to you all.

        regards Steve .BT quote of the day HUMILITY IS TO MAKE A
        RIGHT ESTIMATE OF ONE'S SELF.

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: STREND@...
        Subscribe: STREND-subscribe@...

        List Homepage:

        To go to the STREND Website:
        http://www.strend.com

        "The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is."